TripWire Module

Ha ha,very cool, but why you want to know when the mouse stuck in your mousetrap?

@ Tzu Hsuan - they smell after a short time ? :slight_smile:

Nice looking module!

Thanks, guys.

No good reason other then I just wanted to learn how to do it :wink:

It will be in the attic and I donā€™t want to go up there and check on it daily. This will be internet connected and I will know when to go up and remove the smelly corpse and reset the trap.

@ ianlee74 -
Hi Ianlee74,
you are cruel ! Can`t you use your electronic skills to promote humanity? Cerbot with pir module, wildly running around and making miau will surely convince your disliked lodgers to better visit your neighbors. :wink:
Kind Regards
Roland

Sorry, but Google Translate could not help me hereā€¦ :wink:

@ ianlee74 - like your solution better than Building A Dead Mouseā€™s Switch | Hackaday ā€¦ speaking of hack-a-day, your trap seems like something their subscribers would like

I think the gist of it is that the more human approach would be to have the FEZ Cerbot running around the attic making cat sounds (meow) and scaring the mice into leaving your attic and relocating to the neighbors.

Personally I think a combination would be good, get the FEZ Cerbot to heard the mice towards your mouse trap :slight_smile:

My solution for the trap is about as simple as possible. Thereā€™s much more to this project. If the TripWire module is finally complete then maybe Iā€™ll get it blogged next week. There is still the issue of a pesky DHCP bugā€¦ I need to see if it has been fixed in the firmware yet. I havenā€™t tested in several months. Stay tuned!

@ taylorza - Ahhh! Yes, I like your idea!

@ ianlee74 - Thanks taylorza for the translation, thatā€™s what I meant. By the way: I donā€™t like mice .
Roland

Indeed, will gladly test this module. Looking really nice (for mice)! I am also really interested in the process of making a module myself, is there a space for this info? It seems that quite a few of you guys are able to get this stuff designed and produced, which I feel is quite an achievement.

It seems you have a great deal of great experiences to share?

Thanks. Iā€™m interested to hear your experiences using it with your sensors.

Pete Brown (http://10rem.net) blogged a while back about how to create a Gadgeteer module and I think one or two others have also. If you think thereā€™s a deficiency of information, definitely ask questions here and Iā€™ll add a supplemental blog post but I havenā€™t bothered because it seems the topic has mostly been covered. I do have planned to do a how-to video by the end of the year but I have a lot of fish to fry before that. So, weā€™ll see when that actually happens.

Thanks for the tip, I checked out Designing the Open Source Hardware .NET Gadgeteer MIDI Module - Pete Brown's 10rem.net and it was a insightful to me.

I think I will consider building a module myself to support some general sensor-interfacing stuff, but start with your module for some introductory tests. Lets see how it goes.

@ njbuch - Beware! Itā€™s addicting. I canā€™t wait to see what you come up with!