Total deployment is too large

Ported my controller over to the SCM20260 and run into a little snag. It doesn’t fit onto the device. :frowning:

It’s not particularly large compared to what I have in mind for this new platform but this is not a good start.
How to use external memory? I have no need for security so if I can bypass this and run the code, great.

Deploying assemblies:
	- OvenControllerV2 v1.0.0.0 with size 664,052 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\OvenControllerV2.pe'.
	- mscorlib v2.0.0.0 with size 79,252 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\mscorlib.pe'.
	- System.XML v1.0.0.0 with size 66,768 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\System.XML.pe'.
	- TinyCLR2.Glide v1.0.0.0 with size 201,108 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\TinyCLR2.Glide.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Display v2.0.0.0 with size 5,272 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Display.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Gpio v2.0.0.0 with size 4,772 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Gpio.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.I2c v2.0.0.0 with size 5,392 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.I2c.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Pwm v2.0.0.0 with size 2,944 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Pwm.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Rtc v2.0.0.0 with size 3,168 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Rtc.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Storage v2.0.0.0 with size 3,448 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Storage.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Drawing v2.0.0.0 with size 17,184 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Drawing.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Drivers.FocalTech.FT5xx6 v2.0.0.0 with size 3,712 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Drivers.FocalTech.FT5xx6.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.IO v2.0.0.0 with size 21,048 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.IO.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Native v2.0.0.0 with size 5,400 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Native.pe'.
Total deployment size is 1,083,520 bytes.
Incrementally deploying assemblies to the device:
The deployment is 1,083,520 bytes which cannot fit into the deployment area which is 786,432 bytes.
Assemblies not successfully deployed to the device.
Deployment to the device was not successful.

What a great timing! As you know we have not enabled the external 8MB flash yet. We have been waiting to see how far developers can go using internal memory only.

We will send you a special firmware early next week.

1 Like

By the way, are you using @mifmasterz glide port?

Good chance I will need that too.

There’s very little I’ll be able to do until that external memory is enabled.

Very little?! You need a LOT of code you fill up existing memory. I am curious to see what you have.

Technically, I need boards before I can deploy anything to them. The deployment is around the same size as Dave’s.

I am a bit confused…

From the Tinyclr limitation documentation:

Each assembly is limited to 64KB. If you have gigantic code, just split your solution into multiple assemblies. This approach improves code maintainability as well. Resource files are not subject to this limitation, so if you are adding large lookup tables or binary objects, include them as a resource.

The load info provided by Dave, in his original posting, has assemblies sizes > 64K.

Why am I confused? Documentation should say 640K?

Wait a second! You are right. Something is not right. Let me check

Yes, I am. Fastet way to market for the test and if that works, I can port the commercial projects to it too.

The SCM20260D webpage spec says there is 128Mbyte of FLASH so what happened to the other 120Mbyte?

https://docs.ghielectronics.com/hardware/sitcore/som.html

I removed the second set of bitmaps for the keyboard that somehow got duplicated when copying over and now it builds and deploys but doesn’t leave a lot of room for more code or images etc.

Deploying assemblies:
	- OvenControllerV2 v1.0.0.0 with size 315,368 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\OvenControllerV2.pe'.
	- mscorlib v2.0.0.0 with size 79,252 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\mscorlib.pe'.
	- System.XML v1.0.0.0 with size 66,768 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\System.XML.pe'.
	- TinyCLR2.Glide v1.0.0.0 with size 201,108 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\TinyCLR2.Glide.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Display v2.0.0.0 with size 5,272 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Display.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Gpio v2.0.0.0 with size 4,772 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Gpio.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.I2c v2.0.0.0 with size 5,392 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.I2c.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Pwm v2.0.0.0 with size 2,944 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Pwm.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Rtc v2.0.0.0 with size 3,168 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Rtc.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Storage v2.0.0.0 with size 3,448 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Storage.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Drawing v2.0.0.0 with size 17,184 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Drawing.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Drivers.FocalTech.FT5xx6 v2.0.0.0 with size 3,712 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Drivers.FocalTech.FT5xx6.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.IO v2.0.0.0 with size 21,048 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.IO.pe'.
	- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Native v2.0.0.0 with size 5,400 bytes at 'C:\VSsource\Visual Studio 2019\OvenControllerV2\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Native.pe'.
Total deployment size is 734,836 bytes.
Incrementally deploying assemblies to the device:

Someone made a mistake. I am guessing it is 128 mbit. @Joel_Riley @Mike_Bagnaschi what is the correct size?

Oops! My bad. Yes, chips is 128 Mbits. Amazing how much difference a few misplaced letters makes!

Let’s keep it clear and show it in bytes please. I thought the flash was 8MB by I am not complaining you guys have it upgraded to 16MB. @Mike_Bagnaschi please confirm.

G400 was only 4MB :nerd_face:

Now we just have to be able to use it :stuck_out_tongue:

You actually can use it now but you want to deploy to it and we will make that happen.

Didn’t you manage to deploy your app? Meaning this is not holding you up?

It has been deployed but we are running into performance and colour issues so this may not be the best way forward and I may have to consider a rewrite of the graphics and elements etc.

Yes, it is 16MB.