TinyCLR capabilities

Hello,

I am currently testing the FEZ and FEZ lemur boards for possible use in some prototypes.

I am currently using TinyCLR.

I have a few questions.

1] Can the usb connection on either be used as a virtual serial port, with TinyCLR?

2] Will the TinyCLR.Devices.Storage Apis work with the “F20FS-546” sd card reader. And if so how would I wire it to the FEZ.

I have tried to find the answer to these questions in the forums and documentation.

Is there any API documentation regarding the the TinyCLR apis other than the follow location.

https://docs.ghielectronics.com/software/tinyclr/intro.html

Thanks

… is a self-contained file system device. No, no system API will talk to it… it’s intended for dumber devices that have limited capability, so may not be what you need for a complex microcontroller solution.

In answer to (1), no, there is currently no support for CDC over the (inbuilt) USB connection. You’d be better off looking at a UART to USB chip/module wired to a UART and using that. Code UART

Hi Brett,
Thanks for the reply.
I have 3 more questions
I am currently testing the FEZ Lemur as well, which has a built in SD card.
It would be of great use the storage api for the FEZ, since I believe the Lemur is now a legacy product.

1] Is there any sd card adapter for the current FEZ that would utilize the API
“GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.NativeApis.STM32F4.SdCardStorageController\0”

2] if yes to question one, how would I add that api to theFEZ.

3] what is the API
“GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.NativeApis.STM32F4.InternalFlashStorageController\0”

used for, and can I use it to store data.

Thanks
Rob

This is a tricky question as you are looking at TinyCLR 1.0 and we are now about to release 2.0. Anyway, for your question on SD cards, the answer is here, but not all systems support SD cards.

Things are a lot more complete in coming 2.0. So stay tuned for more info.

Thanks for the reply.
I look forward to seeing what will be available in 2.0.
Thanks
Rob