The release of SDK Package 2013 R2 with socket indirect

Not sure why. Must be something else.

There is almost no code on this. You can see how itā€™s a problem

Iā€™ve confirmed there is nothing wrong with the CP7 itself. Works fine on other firmwares.

This also works fine on the Hydra under the latest firmware so it looks like itā€™s possibly Cobra II specific.

I can confirm Skewworks observations with several of my Cobra IIs and CP7 displays.

My Hydra with the CP7 attached gave me following.

Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 968072 bytes
Assemblies successfully deployed to device.
The debugging target and the debugger engine failed to initialize because of unspecified device errors.
The debugger engine thread has terminated unexpectedly with error ā€˜Could not reconnect to the debugging target after rebooting it.ā€™.

My Hydra application functions fine I just cannot interactively debug it.

We are able to reproduce. When you say it is corrected after the user flushes to the screen, do you mean the distortion goes away? If so, what method of drawing are you using?

Flushing from a normal full screen bitmap. Hereā€™s the rub though, after downgrading the firmware and then reupgrading (testing IFU), Iā€™m no longer able to stabilize the display under any circumstances.

Iā€™ve gone through updating the CobraII at least 8 times over the weekend (manually, FEZ Config, IFU) trying to get it to run properly with CP7, no luck.

When you initially upgraded, you may have had old configuration values in memory still allowing it to work after flushing. After the re-upgrade, they were finally set properly. When I manually lowered the pixel clock rate from 40,000 to around 20,000, the display worked fine. Problem is, the clock will be reset every time the program loads. So you have to change the CP7 source. Line 247 in Display_CP7_42.cs, increase the pixel clock divider to 5 or 6, and it should work.

Excellent news!

I began working on pure NETMF implementations of Gadgeteer modules yesterday anyway so this should make it a real simple test for me. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll give it a whirl after Iā€™m finished with the module Iā€™m on and let you know how it goes, thanks for the quick turn-around time!

Pixel Clock Divider of 5 works great, thanks :smiley:

Glad to hear it.

Does this include a new firmware? I read previous that v4.2 should be used for commercial purposes, does this mean i shouldnā€™t use this sdk?

Iā€™m not sure if your question refers to the SDK Package or to Skewworks product. If GHI SDK, then the answer is yesā€¦ you will need to upgrade your mainboardā€™s firmware.

Refering to SDKā€¦donā€™t want to migrate to v4.3 if its going to loose functionality or loose support.

How long will GHI support v4.2?

The GHI team have NOT released a 4.3 SDK. Not sure why you think that. You can be sure GHI are still supporting 4.2 :slight_smile:

yepā€¦was a bit confusedā€¦i now understand its a v4.2 release :slight_smile:

Is there anyway to speed up the enabling of the LCD?

Iā€™m sure you guys made the switch by popular request, but these start times are brutal for me
It even seems to do an extra reboot.

The extra reboot only happens when there is a change to the LCD config only. And I thought we covered the boot up speed by fixing the clock divider?

The fix only made the display actually work, it didnā€™t do anything for the boot time.

Iā€™m not 100%, but I think its continuing to reboot even after the initial programming. I can check into and get back to you.

Shouldnā€™t be any step at all involved in reproducing, just watch the USB on MFDeploy and you should see it come up, say its found a program, become unlisted and then a moment later show up again.

I know this is a big new change, so I expect it might be buggy at first no worries :slight_smile:

I tested it many times but no issues. did you try it with a simple application?

Iā€™ve tested it with several apps, including one that was 4 lines of code, all calling SimpleGraphics, but Iā€™ll recheck against that in the morning. Like I said not 100% about the reboot issue but I am certain about the startup time. Its not deadly* but itā€™s not ideal.