The project type is not supported by this installation

What language is your puter running?

@ andre.m >>> Reapplying the Service Pack made no difference.

@ justin >>> EN

@ robbyv - Do you have any add-ons/plugins installed for VS? If you do try to disable them and see if it makes any difference.

@ Architect >>> “Plugins”? VS uses “Packages”. For instance “nHibernate” is installed through an app called NuGet. (warmly) It seems that were just shooting in the dark at this point. I may have to return this stuff because I can’t rip apart my very stable and functional machine to get this SDK to work as advertised. Bummer. Thanks again for you help :>

Last question from me…what version of the micro framework have you installed? And did you do that first before the GHI stuff?

I was referring to add-ins that extend functionality of the Visual Studio itself (Tools->Add-in Manager dialog).

@ Justin >>> Version 4.2
@ Architect >>> Sorry. Absolutely nothing listed (in Add-in Manager)

I checked the folder thats listed in the error and there’s nothing in it. Example:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\2vpbnrra.jml

It looks like the SDK is not create the necessary files for some reason.

Question: Can I run the NETMF 4.3 SDK with the GHI 4.?
I’m thinking about uninstalling the MF 4.2 SDK and trying all this with the MF4.3

@ Justin >>> Version 4.2, yes. I installed it before the GHI Stuff

@ robbyv - Bizarre, can you create a vanilla microframe project rather than Gadgeteer?
PS - dont give up, playing with these little devices is alot of fun…your rocky journey so far is not typical…

Weird. Try to run VS as Administrator.

I am local admin. I am going to download all this stuff tonight onto another machine and try it there. I’ll post my results.

@ robbyv - As a “agnfg” you should be able to get this running.

@ mike >>> wut?

check your user profile. Don’t remember?

@ mike >>> as a “fiph” you should figure it out

@ Mike >>> “check your user profile. Don’t remember?” What are you talking about?

@ robbyv - Mike is talking about your profession on your profile page. It is set to “agnfg” at the moment. :slight_smile:

http://www.tinyclr.com/user/12794

Oh. I am sorry. I filled out the profile quickly just so I could get to my issue.

@ mike >>> My apologies

Ok… Settles it This stuff won’t run on Window 8 or Windows Server 2008 in any combination; which means I am screwed…
I Downloaded VS2010 C# Express, .NET MF 4.2 (QFE2)… I followed everything to a “T” and VS isn’t showing the GHI templates.
What a PITA!
Thanks to all for contributing :> 10/4

I am using Win 8.