The 2014 plan for NETMF and Gadgeteer

This is indeed very good news. I really like the Cerb family. Watching this space with great anticipation.

I see different information in the catalog on Cerberus board and related tinker kit…
Does Cerberus support SSL or not ?

Paolo.

@ andre.m … I lost my mind !! Excuse me :wink:

GHI rocks! :slight_smile: No need to say anything else…

Unfortunately, we can’t answer that question, this a Microsoft time frame. If it “goes as planned” it will be very soon, we can’t verify it until they actually tell us their ready before the public announcement

@ Gary - What’s happened to FEZ Cobra II boards ? Had Cobra II disappeared from catalog?

@ dobova - All Cobra II boards are available via special order, we left the WiFi version view-able on the catalog as it gives a complete description of the Cobra II board and functionality.

Bump:

You have multiple options:

1. Use the 4.2 firmware
  2. Port to 4.3 yourself, you can still use the 4.2 code as starting point. Should be somewhat easy
  3. Contact GHI to get a license for using the 4.3 firmware on your device

Makes sense, what kind of money are we talking about? Is it a per device, or per board?

@ njbuch - maybe even free! It all depends on the product and what you are doing for the community, if so.

OK Understood now, thanks Gus.

One more question. Does the Cerb40 hardware design remain OSH or is that being pulled back into licensed hardware?

All hardware that was open will stay open.

1 Like

;D Yay

I am really getting confused with recent changes made to GHI extension libraries.

What I do understand clearly is that there is no more ‘premium’ and that all GHI products can use the same libraries which now include all ‘premium’ features, provided the hardware support them.

How can one tell which particular feature is not supported by a certain product?

@ Sambo - all products are premium now with the exception of hydra. Should be clearer with this coming sdk

@ Gus,

In a previous post you mentioned: “The exception is hydra which still uses the same libraries but with limited support… and it is all open source OSHW”.

What do you mean by limited support? Do you mean that it will not include GHI premium extensions (for ex., it includes ‘RLP lite’ but not full RLP)?

Will the v4.3 source code of the GHI extensions be available for the Hydra?

Thanks in advance.

@ Sambo - please see this https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=15401

We will detail further once the sdk is complete.

1 Like

And see the bottom of this page about hydra https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/297/transitioning-from-4.2-to-4.3

1 Like

Will the Cerbuino Bee support CAN-BUS ?
What is the time-frame on this ? It was “very soon” 6 days ago - how soon is that today ?