Thanks @mcalsyn for the Tour!

This week I attended the inaugural Microsoft Data Insights Summit in Bellevue, WA. It was a great conference and if you’re a BI guy, PowerBI, or Excel user I highly recommend checking it out next year.

However, the best part of the trip came after the conference was over and I was picked up by my gracious tour guide, @ mcalsyn, and given a tour of the Microsoft campus and the Maker Garage (Microsoft’s on-campus maker space). The folks there have a wonderful facility which I’m certainly envious. How do I gently tell my employer that if he really wants to keep me around then he needs to get a multi-axis metal cutting CNC and laser cutters? :think:

This has been a great year so far. I’ve been able to meet the entire GHI crew and now @ mcalsyn in person. Who will be next? Anyone coming to the Nashville area anytime in the future? I’d love to grill you a steak and hack on something out in the shop or just sit and drink beer. The invitation is always open.

Thanks again, Martin. That’s one off the bucket list.

14 Likes

It was great to meet you Ian! Looking forward to meeting more of the GHI community. I hope to make a trip out to the GHI offices at some point soon, now that I am in the US. By all means, if any of you are in the Seattle/Redmond area, do drop me a line and we can try to get together.

4 Likes

@ ianlee74 - [quote]Anyone coming to the Nashville area anytime in the future? I’d love to grill you a steak and hack on something out in the shop or just sit and drink beer. The invitation is always open.
[/quote]

Well that sounds great. I don’t get up there very often, but when I do, it would be great to eat a steak drink some beer and talk shop.

@ mcalsyn - drove by the campus last week but didn’t have time to stop, but next time…

And you didn’t give me a ring? :frowning:

Where are you? Definitely ring me up next time you’re in the area. The kegerator’s always (partly) full!

@ ianlee74 - I live in Austin, Texas.

Not exactly down the road but all forms of U.T. are welcome here! (even if you have the wrong color of orange…) :wink: