TE35 touch events(bad display?)

LOL oh i clicked on the 101 010 button twice (my deleted posts ;-)… It was the wrong 101010. Foolish newbie clicked on the nice orange button below the message field not the one greyed-out above the field.

It’s the Hydra… When is the next SDK coming out?

FYI Jeff, that sort of code was the first thing I tried. I’m assuming it’s because I’ve got a Hydra and TE35 that I’m having these issues.

I need a time frame on resolution. We dumped Netdunio Go after a year because things promised to be fixed in August of last year still aren’t fixed. All the rest of our project is a go, just waiting on a working control system. I’ve gotten everything else working(my sensors connected to a breakout board, the relay board), ported all my drawing commands over to simplegraphics. But I’m stuck until touch is resolved.

@ NXTwoThou

Hydra’s Touch has been fixed and will be in the next SDK coming out soon as it was previously stated in this post: http://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=8595 . The SDK is currently in testing and will be released as soon as testing is complete. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

That would be the part I don’t quite understand. The original post was from 7 months ago. Does this mean it’s been fixed internally for 7 months?

That topic was a dead end for me because I’d immediately get an error with that code. Are you expecting that code to work with a Hydra+TE35 combination?

That’s my biggest problem with all of this. This is my absolute first set of hardware in the gadgeteer ecosystem. I can’t tell if I have a defective board or what. I need to tell my boss if gadgeteer is a appropriate replacement for netdunio go. If I tell him “they are working on it”, his response will be “we waited a year for Secret Labs to work on their stuff”. Is there a beta available or should I just try and send all this stuff back to Mouser?

[quote=“NXTwoThou”]
That would be the part I don’t quite understand. The original post was from 7 months ago. Does this mean it’s been fixed internally for 7 months?[/quote]

While the original Drivers were posted 7 months ago, the response to the other user was only a week ago.

What kind of error did you get when you tried to implement those drivers? The managed Touch drivers are written as console code and not Gadgeteer. It may be necessary to convert them over to use the Gadgeteer interfaces which are similar to their console counterparts. You also may need to unplug from the designer the touch interface if you are to use these touch drivers as the Gadgeteer interface will lock out the pins that are connected in the designer to prevent conflicts.

Your hardware is more than likely not defective. We will have the SDK out soon as we strive to provide the best hardware solutions to our customers.

Before I attempt to go back down that road. Does the Spider have these same issues? I think the Spider would work with the flash module, relay module, TE35, and a breakout board on a Y port. Right?

The Spider does not have the issue with Touch. Indeed the Spider does support those modules. The Spider also has the advantage of the Premium Libraries, which could potentially add even more value to your product.

Note please check the Spider’s product page in the catalog http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/269 for all available information on the compatibility of the modules.

I just ordered a Spider, hopefully Mouser will allow me to return the Hydra after I send them a link to this topic showing that I can’t get it to work with the other components. At this point, I need to get this project up and running and hopefully the Spider won’t be too slow compared to the Hydra.

To be clear, Hydra works in 4.1 but the software had an issue in 4.2 which we resolved. The fix will be out in few days, once testing is done. By the time to ship back and forth you will probably have the fix for hydra.

My spider came in and I was able to test the simple TouchUp/TouchDown that Jeff provided. Things seemed to be great so then I went back to working on my project but wasn’t always getting the location I expected in my touch events. So I went back to Jeff’s code and played with it longer. I noticed that it randomly displayed a location not even close to where I touched. Sometimes (0,0) when I was at the opposite end of the screen. I recorded a video to show at least 2 of the incorrect data. At seconds 5 and 15. What should I look for now?

http://sdrv.ms/15dtDC7

@ NXTwoThou

See if you can try to use stylus for Touch to see if that will improve upon the random touch glitches that are occurring. Touch works more accurately with a stylus. If you do not have a stylus, any dull pointed object will work, such as a pen cap.

I’m unsure I understand. Are we saying that touch location can be an inch or two off when not using a stylist? Is the CP7 or T43 more accurate? I can’t expect my potential users to use a stylist.

Still having issues with touch.

New discovery today, I’m getting e.Touches[0].X and .Y -beyond- my .Width/.Height.

I have a TE35 and the touch I just made is e.Touches[0].X of 366. Since the screen width is 320, how is this possible??

Did you calibrate? Are you using stylus?

I calibrated, I calibrated with a stylus. I just recalibrated a few minutes ago to double check to see if something was wrong there. Doesn’t explain why I could get a value greater than the width of my screen. I could see a bad calibration giving me

X = e.Touches[0].X;
Y = e.Touches[0].Y;

and

e.GetPosition((UIElement)sender, 0, out X, out Y);

Both give me the same values.

Is there another variable I look at for touch screen width versus drawing width for SimpleGraphics?

The Y values seem fine btw.

Here’s my calibration values to see if any of them look odd.

sx {short[5]} short[]
[0] 160 short
[1] 32 short
[2] 32 short
[3] 288 short
[4] 288 short

•   sy	{short[5]}	short[]
      [0]	120	short
      [1]	24	short
      [2]	216	short
      [3]	216	short
      [4]	24	short

•   cx	{short[5]}	short[]
      [0]	412	short
      [1]	146	short
      [2]	162	short
      [3]	714	short
      [4]	779	short

•   cy	{short[5]}	short[]
      [0]	423	short
      [1]	166	short
      [2]	756	short
      [3]	694	short
      [4]	188	short

@ NXTwoThou

How are you calibrating the touch screen?

Are you using the example calibration tool that Microsoft provides here: C:\Users[User name]\Documents\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.2\Samples\TouchCalibration

I’m using this from CodeShare http://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/407

FYI, on the 4/26 beta, I can’t debug. When I do, the Hydra restarts itself after new GTM.GHIElectronics.Display_TE35(10, 11, 12, 13); in Program.generated.cs