Synth is here!

@ Skewworks - Great! Is there any docs anywhere?

No docs as things are still changing a lot. There is a sample project installed with it though. Not huge, but enough to show you the ropes.

How to open a keyboard?

You can also just add a VirtualKeyboard control to your window and pickup the keypress events, build your own layouts, etc.

FYI I’m getting the new GUI editor in place. Synth Studio will have Glide support as well as support for Synth, drag and drop image conversion, embedded files for Synth projects (like being able to start a page with an image loaded as a background, etc).

Do you work on donations or licensing for using synth? I’ve just got some custom hardware made and am hoping to run different versions with the Newhaven 4.3 and 7inch capacitive touch versions. It’s only based on a g120 though. Will synth bog it down. I would just like it to have a smooth UI and simple menu functions. Don’t need the whole OS Package. Some simple sliding icons would be nice.

Thanks

Hey Skewworks. Any new updates for Synth? I am just about to restart my project and I am keen to get this going. Would be great if the new GUI editor is available to trial with it.

Hey guys, sorry I’ve been silent. I’ve been sick for the past 3wks. I have things coming, but I’m still sick. I’ll let you know as soon as I have a new release ready.

Hi Skewworks,

Any update on the progress on Synth. Really would like something else for GUI design as Glide is no longer being developed.

@ Dave McLaughlin - Yes, Synth goes hand-in-hand with the other project I’ve been working on. So those updates you saw from me last week about integrating CIFS, creating a UAC, etc will all be available on Synth. GUI controls are on deck for their rewrites.

I’m trying to decide whether or not to get rid of containers. I find them useful but it make it pretty difficult to create a designer that isn’t desktop based. Maybe you guys could provide some input there.