STM32F4 and FEZ Cerbuino news

Lol. That, looks like a very old toy.

Also keep in mind that 4.3 should be available later this year.

Hello,

When can I figure on the 1-Wire protocol to work?
I am trying to use the Misrosoft.SPOT. Hardware.OneWire but following exception is thrown: NotImplementException.

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the community.

How are you trying to implement 1-Wire? I ran a test with NetMF 4.2 and I did not get any exceptions.

Hi Andrew,

What version of Cerberus Firmware are you using? Plus, I should rephrase the question I asked above, what assemblies are you using and which methods to access 1-Wire?

Hey guys, just to add my two cents from someone who is brand new to this technology. When I saw the hardware and sensors from GHI and the .NETMF support from Microsoft I was very excited to try this technology. About 1 month ago I bought a Cerberus mainboard (once I saw the .NETMF 4.2 was out), I also have some light sensors and a DP USB red board from GHI. Its been a month now and I have been unable to get it to work. The two suggestions were to remove and reinstall the .NETMF and all the GHI drivers and SDKs, which I did last night. The second suggestion was to update the Firmware on the main board but after following the directions for that process I was unable to get that to work either.

After reading this post I think the issue is that the .NETMF and/or the GHI SDKs are not ready. Considering this is my first time trying anything like this its easy for me to get confused. I am very comfortable with Visual Studio and the .NET Framework; its something I use at work all the time, but the hardware side is new to me. What would help me is a list of exactly what is necessary, and the exact version numbers as shown in the Add/Remove Programs list, to get the Cerberus main board to work with the .NETMF.

This is a list of exactly what I have installed.

GHI .NET Gadgeteer SDK (1.6.1.0)
GHI NETMF USB Drivers (1.0.0)
GHI NETMF 4.1 SDK (1.0.19)
GHI OSH NETMF v4.1 SDK (1.0.5)
GHI OSHW NETMF v4.2 SDK (0.0.1)
Windows Driver Package – GHI Electronics, LLC (GHI_SpotUsb) NETMFDBG (01/13/2010 1.0.0.2)
Windows Driver Package – GHI Electronics, LLC (usbser) Ports (01/13/2010 1.0.0.0)
Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer Core (2.42.55.0)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (10.0.40219)
Seeed .Net Gadgeteer SDK for Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer (1.1.2.0)

Thanks guys, and I am looking forward to getting the Cerberus main board working with the .NETMF because I have several ideas I wish to prototype.

-eric

This is not details on product page, but there has been a very large development since the product release. Product was released while we are transitioning from NETMF core 4.1 to 4.2. It is not long anymore, maybe a week and you will be able to use your Cerberus. There is an SDK that can be used already listed under beta forum but I suggestion you wait for a week.

Thank you for waiting this long and we look forward to work with you.

Of course, welcome to the community.

Hello,

I am using STM32F4Discovery.

Libraries:

When I try to call a random OneWire class method following exception is thrown:

OneWire wire = new OneWire(new Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OutputPort(GHI.OSHW.Hardware.FEZCerberus.Pin.PA1, false));
wire.FindAllDevices();

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.NotSupportedException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire.dll

So you are using discovery board from ST, firmware from Oberon and then OSH library from GHI. This shows the value of open source and I like it. Unfortunately, you are missing few things. You need the firmware from GHI to run things properly with GHI’s libraries. Not to worry, a stable firmware should be released this week. Then this page should be used http://wiki.tinyclr.com/index.php?title=FEZ_Cerberus_Firmware_On_Discovery

Hey Gus, thanks for the reply. So as far as I can tell there are three major software pieces working together here.

• .NETMF 4.2
• GHI SDK
• Cerberus Firmware

I think I installed the .NETMF 4.2 RTM but it sounds like there will be an update to this soon too? Then the GHI SDKs need updated (I assume) and finally what about the Firmware?

Thanks,
-eric

We will be posting instructions of what you need.

oh, and I forgot to say, welcome to the community.

Exciting news! :slight_smile: Can’t wait for that new firmware!

Hey Gus, just checking in. Its been a few weeks and I was curious to know the progress?

Thanks,
-eric

Is this what you are looking for:

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7187