Start Debugging no response form FEZ DOMINO

Hello, I have some problem after “Start Debugging” FEZ DOMINO give no response.
I make a symple C# code with standard using items and add Refences to.
Like Debug.Print(“test”); etc etc
There is NO ERRORs in the C# code. No red and green lines.
After “Start Debugging” everything seems okay.
There is contact with FEZ DOMONO by USB
Error List is empty,
Show output from: Build 0 failed, 0 skipped
Show output from: Debug MFW app: managed has exited with code 0 (0x0)
No response on the Output Debug screen.

Before FEZ Domino the demo code from the manual is working,
I change in the C# code a little, example add "AnalogIn PinValtage = new etc. etc.
Then run Start Debugging No errors but NO response on the output screen.

What can be wrong?
Thanks Eddie

The program was built using old firmware and the cache files need to be replaced. So you have to remove the GHI libraries references from the project and add in the new ones back in.

Could also be missing a Thread.Sleep(TimeOut.Indefinate); at the end of main.

Did you update your firmware?
Did you make anew project after you updated your firmware?

After compiling I sometimes have to press the reset button to get the new code to load.

This happens if:

1. power is not sufficient (try use power pack)
  2. your application doesn’t leave idle time
  3. windows is running too slow. you may need a restart to your PC…or even format!

Hello, I check with MS .NET MFW Deployment Tool the firmware Version and it is:
ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.0.1681.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.0.2.0
SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Apr 26 2010

When I open “Add Reference” tab than I see FEZDomino_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ Version 4.0.3.0
and all GHI libraries has the Version of 4.0.3.0
Other libraries like MFDpwsClient etc., Microsoft.SPOT. Graphics till Microsoft.SPOT.Touch has Version 4.0.1681.0
mscorlib and all System libraries has also Version 4.0.1681.0

In the C# code I add a Thread.Sleep(200); so time enough to print Debug.Print(“Voltage”); on the OUTPUT screen.
When I load a C# code with OutputPort LEDonBoard = new etc etc. togethe with a while (true) { } code
then FEZ Domino is running en printing “FEZ Rocks” on the OUTPUT screen.

Step1) Now I add Reference file "GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware Version 4.0.3.0 under References TAB
Step2) In the C# code I add "using GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware ;"
Step3) then at last I add "AnalogIn Pin0 = new AnalogIn((AnalogIn.Pin)FEZ_Pin.AnalogIn.An0);"
Debug again. NO red and GREEN lines NO errors but nothing on the OUTPUT screen

NOW I do Reverse, remove Step3, action from FEZ Domino: nothing on the OUTPUT screen.
NOW I do Reverse, remove Step2, action from FEZ Domino: nothing on the OUTPUT screen.
NOW I do Reverse, remove Step1, action from FEZ Domino: running there is something on the OUTPUT screen.

I think the FEZ Domino Firmware is okay, PC Windows is not to slow.

Do I missing some Reference files with the read Version number?
Do you know what is wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Eddie:/

This is what you are looking for

SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: “”“4.0.2.0"”“”

When I open “Add Reference” tab than I see FEZDomino_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ Version “”““4.0.3.0"””"

Also, check here and you will see that the latest is 4.0.3.0 and this is not what you have on your board. http://www.tinyclr.com/release-notes/

A rule #1 and most important, when you receive new board and you are not sure about the version then just update it :slight_smile:

I also have to reset the board to load the new program, sometimes. I eliminate points 1 & 3 (because I use an external power source and have a 3Gb ram/Core2 Duo PC) and keep an eye on 2) :

Could the following code meet this criteria ?

public static void Main()
        {
            Button.OnInterrupt += Buttton_OnInterrupt;

Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);
        }

Firmware is of course up to date on board.

Your code is fine. What you have to watch for is your event handlers. These are like ISR and you must process and exit ASAP

Okay now, I remove “Old” GHI NETMF V4.0 SDK and install latest new GHI NETMF V4.0 version so all the Reference files has now Version 4.0.3.0.
I update also FEZ Domino firmware and it has solutionVersion 4.0.3.0 now.
FEZ Domino run now with the AnalogIn PinVoltage etc. C# code and there is values on the
Output Debug Screen.
Thanks a lot, I can continuous with my projects