SQLLite Update/delete

Sorrry for the frustration. :slight_smile:

This is what I do when I get stuck in some code problem. I simply go back to step zero and I redo the steps loudly to make sure that I did not over look some issues.

1. Update the firmware.
  2. Try the sample code provided in the library documentation.
  3. Try my project.
    …etc.

Hi Joe,
No problem, thats what developing is about. Rough with the smooooth ;D

I think (dont quote me on it) it may have something to do with the fact I’m running 64 bit os. I will check this out when I get home tonight.

Thanks
Nathan

I tested on my side by your code, and I didn’t see any problem. It works fine on the ChipworkX firmware 4.1.6.0.

I think we can check db is null or not to avoid exception in case Demo.dbs is exist already. If Demo.dbs is exist already, db object will be not created, we have a exception or crash if we call Close():

public static void Closedb(PersistentStorage nand) 
{
    // Close db then nand // 
    if (db!= null)  
        db.Close();
    nand.UnmountFileSystem();
}

Are you using 64bit OS?

The OS running the dev machine should never effect the code on the device.

Start from new project with a clean sdk please

Ok, I think we are going around in circles here. Heres what I’ve done so far…

1. Install latest version of GHI SDK v4.1 (4.1.6.0) TinyBooter V 4.1.5.1 - June 2011 . Logs in previous post varify update sucessfully.
  2. Varified hardware firmware version matches that of SDK.
  3. Start a fresh project.
  4. Remove ALL dll references, then add them back.
  5. Create 2 “memory” projects
    One: Quick button tester.
    Second: Blink an LED.
  6. Pull my hair out! What i still have.
  7. Think about throwing board in bin… no way £300!!

When deploying to board.The board does reset and visual studio confirms deloy sucessful. But the board does nothing. Most times I get the [italic]waiting for commands…[/italic]

However, if I step through my code in debug mode using a break point magic happens LED flashes and button press works.

If I am missing something then please advise or can advise something different to try please let me know.

Thanks
Nathan

The problem is in your explanation of the problem I think! Is the problem in deploying or in SQLite?!

Please only answer my question with no additional information…maybe this will help :slight_smile:

1. with new installation you have now, and with breakpoint at the beginning of your code, you can blink and LED if you step in code?
  2. if you load the SQLite example that uses :memory: and step in code (F10 step in code), do you get any exceptions? If yes what exception? what code? what line of code?

Explanation of the problem? Gus, how can you give “technical support” if you dont know what the problem is? I am missing something here?

Is there anyone else I can speak with that could look into this with a pair of fresh eyes.

Like I said in last post, you are not explain the problem correctly and so no one will be able to help you. You are still not answering my questions as I suggested.

You can call GHI and talk to someone but they will ask you the same question I did!

Sorry Gus,

I’m not here for smart a** geeky comments and fancy red hightlights. Lets not forget you [GHI] are here to give me support on a product I purchased from you…

I have wasted days with you on this to be told “I didnt explain it right” I answered and did everything you asked.

Like in my last post. Please refer this to someone else who has the time to try and understand my problem. If not, I will have to call GHI as my board is still under warrenty its not a problem.

Nathan

Nathan, I think what Gus is saying is that you’re simply not providing enough information to try and diagnose the problem via a forum post. Having done a lot of troubleshooting on many things over the years I quite often ask people to repeat some steps in a specific order and report the results of only those tests. This keeps the problem simplified. If you try 100 things there is no way anyone else will be able to follow what you did (nor is anyone trying 100 things likely to remember things exactly.)

As an example of the above, for one piece of software I do support on (not related to NETMF) the first thing I check is that everything is installed properly. I have found that many times customers do things out of order and then things do not quite work out right. If I did not have them start back at the beginning like this we would both be running around in circles trying to find the problem.

It is typically very helpful if you can provide a very small program that shows the problem you are having. Paste your code here some everyone can see what you are doing. Even if you are trying an example code it is helpful to post the code here as you may have inadvertently made a change you do not realize. Also, take a screen shot of the references you have added.

The next step is to explain your testing set up. How are you powering your board? USB or external supply? How long of a USB cable are you using, etc.

[quote]I’m not here for smart a** geeky comments and fancy red hightlights. Lets not forget you [GHI] are here to give me support on a product I purchased from you…
[/quote]
I am still here helping but you are not helping me to help you :slight_smile: I am sorry if I sounded anything but professional. This community is more relaxed usually but I will be very direct to your future questions.

Sorry to hear that so let us not waste more time and answer some questions so we can diagnose your problem. Please look back at all posts to see if we were right on it or not.

I also answered this, please call GHI and talk to anyone about your concerns. We always pickup the phone :slight_smile:

I look forward to get answers to my questions so I can help you in finding the problem. I am sure it is something simple we are overlooking.

By the way, I just tried to call you so I can help better but there is no phone number on your account. Here is our phone number Contact Us – GHI Electronics