Spider ver1.00, win10 and usb3. Not working

@ willgeorge -
Hi, thanks for all your help. I still have not found a solution for this problem. Until I find a solution, I have to use my old computer. I have ordered the spider 2 from ghi. That board have more speed and memory than the first spider, and maybe since the board uses a different core system (G120E, and driver?) it will work with my new computer…

-Albert

@ albertvi - I have the same issue with Windows Server 2012. See attached screen shot.

@ Matan - Are you using the latest SDK? Does it show up in MFDeploy?

@ John - I’m using this version (the latest):
FEZ Config 4.3.7.10
NETMF v4.3:
Libraries: 4.3.7.10
EMX: 4.3.7.10 Firmware, 4.3.7.10 Loader
G30: 4.3.7.10 Firmware
G80: 4.3.7.10 Firmware
G120: 4.3.7.10 Firmware, 4.3.7.7 Loader
G400: 4.3.7.10 Firmware, 4.3.7.7 Loader
Cerb-Family: 4.3.7.10 Firmware, 4.3.7.7 Loader
FEZ Hydra: 4.3.7.10 Firmware, 4.3.7.7 Loader
I’m tried to deploy with MFDeploy and it failed too.

This GHI version works fine on my Win8.1. So it seems to me as a OS-patch that is missing (in that Windows Server). I did some big searching about Windows updates.
In the end I tried to install this update: KB2919355 (that KB2919442 is a prerequisite for it).
And the result is…
it worked!!
the link to the installer:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42334
follow the “Install Instructions”.

@ albertvi - try it, and update us!

@ Matan - without that KB, you’ve also missed a LOT of security updates, all of which were dependent on the installation of this April 2014 update. I’d also start to address the reason your machine was so out of date.

@ Brett - sorry Brett, but I not accept your mark. Where it is written that EMX can be not recognized in un-updated OS’s??
@ John - please update (or arrange that someone will update…) the GHI known issues, that EMX can be not recognized in un-updated OS’s, and the update KB2919355 bundle can solve the problem.

Sorry @ Matan, my “mark” is simply stating the fact that the update you applied is a dependency on keeping current (from April 2014). If you’ve deliberately stopped updates, that is your concern, and I don’t expect GHI to document something that clearly less than 1% of users would do (and clearly, nobody wants people to stop automatic updates). Prior to that update being released, there were no issues connecting to GHI’s devices; after that update there were also no issues, but at some point with a new SDK release or similar, there is a certain combination of components that has some issue - but that combination is not expected. Documenting issues when unexpected combinations are put together isn’t a sensible practice - the number of combinations can be limitless, where would you stop? The fact that this is now documented in this thread is now sufficient (for me) so anyone else can find this, if they have the unexpected combination.

From a PC-health-101 perspective, you need to address the reason your machine was not current. Friends don’t let friends use computers without installing security updates.

2 Likes

@ Brett - I have lots of isolated/unconnected PC’s, that can’t be updated (only manually. yes, I installed the KB2919355 manually). The device needs to connected to one of them.
Button line: ok. I agree not to mention that the KB2919355 update is needed. BUT: GHI needs to document that keeping current the PC can avoid some unexpected connectivity issues.