Spider - Undef Instr

@ mpenna - Can you go into the Add Remove Programs part of the control panel and tell me what version of “Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer Core” you have?

Just restating in order to make it clearer…

Whenever I try to create a Gadgeteer project inside VS2012, there’s this message that appears on the footer of the .NET Gadgeteer Application Wizard saying that “this mainboard requires .NET Gadgeteer Core version 2.42.500 or newer”. No matter what board is selected, the message does not go away and the “Create” button stays disabled all along.

I have rechecked inside the “Add or remove programs” window and I can see that the Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer Core entry listed there has version 2.43.800.

I can only guess that something probably did not work during installation, making VS2012 not see that there is a newer version already installed.

Any ideas?

Assuming you installed to the default location and are on a 64bit version, can you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer\Core\Assemblies.NET Micro Framework 4.2 and tell me what the file/product version is for Gadgeteer.dll? (Right click the file, click properties, then go to the details tab)

They’re both version 2.43.800.

Could this be one of those odd and edge-case scenarios, considering that I have both VS2012 and VS2010 installed on this machine? (just throwing ideas around)

I have 2010 and 2012 on this machine and they both seem to work fine. When you’ve uninstalled our SDK, did you also uninstall Gadgeteer Core? If not, can you do that and then reinstall the latest version found at http://gadgeteer.codeplex.com/downloads/get/808697

Good to know that they should work fine together. Well, I believe I did uninstall Gadgeteer Core along with every other NETMF related package, but now that you’re asking, I can’t say that I’m 100% sure. Let me go through the reinstall using the latest version and I’ll get back with the results.

OK I’ll ask the question. Why do you have VS2010 and VS2012 on the same machine? What is one giving you that the other doesn’t ? You’d remove that as a complexity if you ditched VS2010 and stayed on VS2012.

Thanks for all the help, John. I did as you suggested and now I got everything working OK under VS2012. So now I can go back and focus on the issue that actually prompted this thread in the first place: the fact that the device was crashing with “Undef Instr” after being left on and idle for some time. I got it back running and I’ll leave it like that for a couple of days to see what happens.

Once again, thanks.