SPIDER 4.2.9.0 SDK: DHCP issue with INFOBLOX DHCP server

Today I was at the Amsterdam ArenA home of dutch soccer club AJAX where we have installed a Fez Spider based I amsterdam Card reader.

The reason for my visit was to upgrade the Fez Spider to NetMF 4.2.9.0. Before upgrade the reader works fine with their network and received a ip-address served by the infoblox DHCP server, but had white screen issue (WSOD, mentioned here before). After upgrade to 4.2.9.0 the Spider didn’t receive a IP-address anymore.

The code used (I’ll post it later when i get home) is normal gadgeteer based network init code, the spider kept waiting for an ip-address from DHCP Infoblox server. After reboot same issue again.

Finally we decide to go back to SDK 4.1.8.0 and the DHCP works like a charm. So this must be an issue with 4.2.9.0, or not?

There was another DHCP related fix that is not in 4.2.9.0. Hopefully that would be the last DHCP issue.

It i fixed and will be in next SDK coming soon, maybe couple weeks.

Thx Gus, is there a way to get a beta release just for testing? I’ve got a very serious discussion with my CEO today about why I can’t solve these issues. So a beta would be helpful.

There are many changes. If we give you a firmware, you can’t use any of the libs.

Ok, please count me in at the very first moment a beta become available. I appreciate your quick responses Gus!

Thanks Andre, for now we’re waiting for a fix from ghi. In the meantime we start testing with both options at our own office network.

@ GUS - Any news or delivery date on the new SDK with the fixes?

As far as i know it is done and being packaged. Maybe a week.

This is not a promise :slight_smile:

Ok, thx Gus. :slight_smile:

@ Gus: any news on this?

Insiders got a link to the SDK for testing and all seem going well so far.

2 Likes

Thats great news! When will it be available to the public?

1 Like

10…9…8…7…6… :slight_smile:

1 Like

…such a tease.

it is already posted, under beta till Monday. take a look please.

1 Like