Spider 2 and T43 display

Hi All,

I am developing an application for a while and so far so good, I was able to implement network communication, SD card etc. Now I am trying to connect T43 display and it seems that something is wrong. I used FEZ config to update LCD settings, after reboot displays “G120, Version: 4.3.7.10, Debug: USB1, LCD: 480:272”. However every time I want to debug the application I get

"The debugging target and the debugger engine failed to initialize because of unspecified device errors.
The debugger engine thread has terminated unexpectedly with error ‘Could not reconnect to the debugging target after rebooting it.’.

However when I deploy the application then I can see graphics on the display but application is not responsive - even reset button doesn’t work. When I change LCD settings back to other everything is fine (without display of course).
I have tested another Spider 2 board and DP power module, also tried TE35 display but the problem remains.

using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation.Media;

public class Program
{
    public static void Main()
    {
        using (var lcd = new Bitmap(SystemMetrics.ScreenWidth, SystemMetrics.ScreenHeight))
        {
            lcd.DrawLine(Colors.Green, 1, 20, 20, 40, 40);
            lcd.DrawEllipse(Colors.Blue, 5, 5, 5, 5);
            lcd.Flush();
        }

while (true)
        {
            Thread.Sleep(10000);
        }
    }
}

Try deploying a simple gadgeteer program with only the display defined in the designer. It should properly configure the board for the display

1 Like

Thanks @ Mike,

Your suggestion forced me to use VS2013 (gadgeteer project template) where everything works fine. The problem is VS2015 which is strange as I didn’t notice any problems until I connected LCD display.