Sorry, but I simply can not get OutputPort to work

Hi

I just got a board, connected and updated the firmware etc.

But, the simple example in the Beginnser guide simply does not work. I can not declare an ‘OutputPort’, the class is unrecognised. I have tried to add references to everything, but still no luck.

What assembly shall I reference?
What namespace shall I use?

I am using the april 26 release with version 4.0.2.0

TIA
/Mats

I believe they have released a new firmware. 4.0.3.0 is what is shows up as. Either way if you post upp the code you are trying to do we can help by looking at it.

Look at your release notes in the SDK, is it 4.0.3.0? If yes then it will not work with your firmware. You have to update.

Did you see the “first power up” video?

I have followed the instructions correctly, as far as I can see.

However, I installed the development chain on another machine, and there it seems to work. On the new machine I installed the 1.0.5 version, May 21.

It seems that the things needed are:

• Add a reference to ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’
  • Use the namespace ‘using MIcrosoft.SPOT.Hardware’

I shall upgrade my other machine to the latest version and see if I can make it to work in that one also.

Chimpanzee: I dont see that the firmware can be an issue here? My problem is with compiling. I guess that firmware mismatch should only fail when running on the hardware?

/Mats

[quote]It seems that the things needed are:

• Add a reference to ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’
  • Use the namespace ‘using MIcrosoft.SPOT.Hardware’[/quote]

This is explained in the videos. You will also need:

using GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ;

[quote]Chimpanzee: I dont see that the firmware can be an issue here? My problem is with compiling. I guess that firmware mismatch should only fail when running on the hardware?
[/quote]

Possible but if you are starting out then you do not want to guess things out or you will get lost.

Thanks a lot for your quick answers!

/Mats