"Soon" is finally here!

Correct VS2012 should be used by everyone unless that user is well experienced in netmf. But a note here, this latest release should work fine with vs2013 without any modifications…again for experienced users please.

@ andre.m -

Yes… I have installed the templates.

The regular NETMF templates work fine… and apps created on VS2012 work fine in VS2013 (NETMF not Gadgeteer).

I was just trying to test the Gadgeteer templates VS 2013… but seems that I am not experienced enough to make it work!

:smiley:

Thanks!

So… Totally excited, I update my grandproject, hit F5, and… The board hangs up and resets. From that moment on, it works, but without debugger. Alllright, what about attaching debugger to the already-running board? The exact moment I click “Attach”, my G400 locks up again!

The same behaviour on two PCs.

And then I realize “no more tinybooter updates” has yet to come. I update TinyBooter to 4.3.5, and it now works like a charm (and no, I do not use VMs).

:wall:

@ dulfe - Did you also install the new 2.43.1000 Gadgeteer release from a few days ago? It’s needed to enable Gadgeteer in VS2013 and VS14.

@ PiWi - It is possible something got damaged in the display. Do you have another you can try?

Exactly my thoughts. You can always go back to earlier sdk and try. I bet the lines will stay there.

You can always try the following if those lines persists :whistle:

go to minute 8:12 or click on the link below…

cut them out :slight_smile:

I was hoping for a new SDK to fix my Socket reliability problem, but I don’t see any mention of it in the R4 release notes. Does your phrase “concentrating on improving networking” mean someone is working on the Socket.Accept() lock-up problem? Is there an expected date when the problem will be fixed?

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=16565&page=1
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/inbox/message?id=16586&page=1

I don’t understand what you mean. Please explain.

@ John -

Yes I did, R4 (2014.4.0.0) was release yesterday and that is the one I installed, uninstalled and reinstalled.

Creating a new Gadgeteer project in VS 2013 does not work for me… but NETMF works fine.

I guess that’s why it is called a BETA! ::slight_smile:

@ dulfe - Could you post a screenshot of your add/remove programs window showing the versions and names of NETMF SDK, Gadgeteer Core, and our SDK?

@ John -

Here they are.

NETMF SDK 4.3 SDK-R2: 4.3.2
GHI SDK: 2014.4.0.0
Gadgeteer Core: 2.43.900.0

FYI, I tried opening a gadgeteer project created in VS2012 in VS2013 and it worked. I can even load the designer… but I cannot create new projects.

Thanks.

@ andre.m - I tried the thread abort wrapper and it does not work. When the thread is aborted at the timeout, I get a socket exception, and after that the client computer is not able to connect. Did you run this code yourself successfully?

@ andre.m - That did it!

Thank you so much!

@ TWIMC - I had all the latest tools installed for VS2013 to work and loaded the GHI 4.3.5.0 release just over it without removing anything before. And now I can start a gadgeteer project in VS2013, select the main board (here I choose for an CerbuinoBee) added a multicolor and connected it to socket 1, made a quick demo and all working, deploying, running …

yes, there are some hickups and some slow deployment and the usual usb device box in the project props to get the deploy working but still working …

Now, I don’t know if this should be but I’m positively amused that it did … :clap: :clap:

Q1: Is the Gadgeteer Model Explorer new, never noticed that before ??

Q2: Oh, VS 2013 sometime looses intellisense, restarting VS does solve it for me at the moment, is there maybe a more convenient way to get the Intellisense back ?

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 8078a04, end 809e990

Assembly: mscorlib (4.3.1.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.3.1.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.3.1.0)  
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.3.1.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore (4.3.1.0)  
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.3.1.0)     Assembly: System.IO (4.3.1.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.3.1.0) 
    Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.3.1.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.3.1.0)  
Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZCerbuinoBee (4.3.5.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.43.1.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHI.Hardware (4.3.5.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GTM.GHIElectronics.MulticolorLED (4.3.5.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: cerbWeatherConsole (1.0.0.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHI.Usb (4.3.5.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Gadgeteer.DaisyLink (2.43.1.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHI.Pins (4.3.5.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.3.1.0)  Resolving.

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.
Ready.

'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\mscorlib.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Native.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\System.IO.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer\Core\Assemblies\.NET Micro Framework 4.3\le\Gadgeteer.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.3 SDK\Libraries\le\GHI.Hardware.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.3 SDK\Libraries\le\GHI.Usb.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.3 SDK\Libraries\le\GHI.Pins.dll'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI .NET Gadgeteer SDK\Mainboards\FEZCerbuinoBee\NETMF 4.3\le\GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZCerbuinoBee.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer\Core\Assemblies\.NET Micro Framework 4.3\le\Gadgeteer.DaisyLink.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI .NET Gadgeteer SDK\Modules\MulticolorLED\NETMF 4.3\le\GTM.GHIElectronics.MulticolorLED.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Users\Peter\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\cerbWeatherConsole\cerbWeatherConsole\bin\Debug\le\cerbWeatherConsole.exe', Symbols loaded.
The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Using mainboard GHI Electronics FEZ Cerbuino Bee version 1.2
Copyright (C) GHI Electronics, LLC 4.3.5.0
Gadgeteer: Main Program Ended
The thread '<No Name>' (0x3) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

@ andre.m - I might be wrong but I noticed that if you have a line not correct and have this red line underneath it, leave it there for some time while switching over to another app (browser or so, whatever) after some time when I come back the intellisense is gone. It happened already a couple of times … very strange …

Well, I have to learn to type my code correct, than … :whistle:

@ PiWi - Sometimes 3rd party addins/plugins messed things up in Visual Studio.

Oh, I think I’ve got some of those 3rd parties … NetMf, GHI, Netduino, etc. :wink:

These are fine. I was talking about productivity “helpers”.

I was just joking … maybe the infragistics suite I have might be doing that, I don’t know … that’s pretty much the only 3rd party I have :think: