[SOLVED]Do not succeed to deploy using COM1:

Hi everyone, I’ve spend to days trying to deploy on a custom EMX board using COM1.
I have reinstalled all th tools SDK driver and so on without any success. The symptom is that VS2010 stalls during before deployment

After a complete flash using EMX updater, the boards return:

EMX
Version: 4.2.9.0
Debug: COM1
LCD: 320x240
.NetMF v4.2.0.0
EMX, Build Date:
        Feb 13 2013 13:30:17
ARM Compiler version 410713

TinyCLR (Build 4.2.0.0)

Starting...
Created EE.
Started Hardware.
MSdbgV1œ>¤U«)Q‰§Create TS.
 Loading start at a0e00000, end a0e1383c
   Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: System.Security (4.2.0.0)  Loading Deployment Assemblies.
Resolving.
Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.2.0.0) needs assembly 'Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware' (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: System.Security (4.2.0.0) needs assembly 'Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11' (4.2.0.0)
Error: a3000000
MSdbgV1Þ;       Waiting for debug commands...

What is wrong?

I will try that on thursday thx :slight_smile:

I also ported a rater large application this week to 4.2.10 with debugging over COM and I just removed ALL references, hit F5, long list with errors, and then started adding all references until all errors are gone. Hit F5 again and whoooppsss, new list with errors :wink: changed all the code that referred to the hardware pins (this was moved to another location in the lib’s) Hit F5 again and everything deployed like a charm :smiley:

I have rebuild a new hello world project.; Hitting F5 seems to have no effect if I try to deploy with COM1. This seems to be like VS can not reach the device whereas using terraterm and resetting the board shows that the interface on the board is the correct one (COM71 on computer) and returns the log shown previously.

Should I need to reinstall the complete tool suite?

Deploying with USB seems to reboot the board (I heard the USB driver unloading and loading) but the ouptut show also:

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at a0e00000, end a0e1383c

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.2
.0.0)     Assembly: System.Security (4.2.0.0)  Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: testsdk4.2.9 (1.0.0.0)  Resolving.

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.2.0.0) needs assembly 'Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware' (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System.Security (4.2.0.0) needs assembly 'Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11' (4.2.0.0)

Error: a3000000

Waiting for debug commands...

Le programme '[2] Micro Framework application: Managé' s'est arrêté avec le code 0 (0x0).

This is the message prints on COM port or USB debugger after performing update with EMX updater to 4.2 firmware.

Removing and adding reference does not affect this message. This seems that the board crashes before being contacted by VS.

If I try to deploy via serial transport the output windows stalls during long minutes and nothing happens…

Temps écoulé 00:00:02.70
------ Début du déploiement : Projet : testsdk4.2.9, Configuration : Debug Any CPU ------
Unable to communicate with device - Serial:COM71========== Génération : 1 a réussi, 0 a échoué, 0 mis à jour, 0 a été ignoré ==========
========== Déploiement : 0 a réussi, 1 a échoué, 0 a été ignoré ==========

Ok I have recreate a new blank project. Trying to deploy with COM hangs, try to deploy with usb was complaining about Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware. After adding it, I can deploy with usb. Let’s retry now with COM…

I’ve found the reason COM1 RX was not correctly soldered… grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :frowning: spent two days believing it was a SW problem!!!