Solidoodle 3

Printing on the top half of the case for the ArMF Imbue has begun. :smiley:

Yeah, I know the KickStarter is dead in the water, but I still have a couple on hand and darn it they will have awesome cases. :slight_smile:

Here it is!

The heated bed had some temp variants so thereā€™s a bit of warping on one side but it still works and Iā€™m definitely keeping this for one of the Imbues to remember my 1st 3D design & print.

Even includes SD & power switch slots. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool. Iā€™m jealous. I need a 3D printer!!! :smiley:

How is the board attached? Show us the other side.

The hex bolts from GHI attach it. Iā€™ll upload some new stuff Sunday/Monday. Going to do some minor updates to this case for the second one and create a case for my scrolling LED Matrix sign powered by the Cerberus with LiPo

SKW what 3D app are you using?

At the office I have a plugin for you to export STL out of sketchup (FREE) if you are interested.

@ Jason - Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m using :smiley:

Iā€™m still having a few issues with temperature variations on the heated bed. Itā€™s something that wonā€™t affect most people/prints but Iā€™ve got a case that takes up 90%+ of the width.

Pumping the heat up to 100C on the bed hopefully that will stop the warping Iā€™m getting in one cornerā€¦other than that the prints have been amazing.

Hereā€™s a look at the MiniNuke Mark IIIā€™s top case with interchangeable side plates. The bottom will have mounts ever inch or so to make swapping modules easy.

So you are exporting out of Sketch-up as a STL?

Correct.

Iā€™ve still been having some issues with the edges but Iā€™ll be trying the painters tape & hair spray methods today to hopefully get it to stick properly.

Iā€™m very eager to have nice cases for all this awesome GHI gear Iā€™ve got laying around. :slight_smile:

What kind of issues are you having with the edges? In Sketch up or printing?

@ Jason, it was a printing issue. Tried flat corners, small rounded corners, large rounded cornersā€¦always ended up having at least one come off the bed around layer 3-7 and ruin the whole print. This even occurred using painters tape + hair spray.

I did find a solution yesterday though. I added small tabs at the edges which were only 1-2 layers thick which I could tape down to ensure the rest of the print went smoothly. I also jacked the temp up to near 100C on the bed.

Hereā€™s the result (the gaps on the sides are for interchangeable faceplates).