Signal processing module using Parallax's propeller chip

@ Gus - I will do that. The way others feel about LEDs I feel about getting pictures on a screen.

Speaking of arcade… I got this machine (1st image) at home… The electronics are fried, but i have an LCD display that would fit where the original screen was.

Wiring the buttons and lights are easy. Talking to the cash input/receiver and hoppers (pay-out system) should be doable.

Question is, could the module display the GFX/animations (like the 2nd image) needed to have the reels spin - and some fun gfx/sound when you win…

That could be a cool project ;D

It certainly capable of that. Check youtube as Gus suggested :wink:

At NashMicro in February, we have a guy presenting on digital signal processing. It would be neat to have someone do a virtual presentation of this module at the end of the presentation to show off how its done in the Gadgeteer world. Our meeting place has a fairly reliable high-speed internet connection so I don’t expect we’ll have any problems there. Of course, if you wanted to come in person that would be even better. Any GHI or other folks intersted?

If you’re making a non-working poker machine work again, make sure you tell people that you don’t have enough I/O pins to make the cash hoppers and you have to implement that later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ Brett -

GOOD ONE!

I should just keep quiet and play dum when they complain about missing payments :stuck_out_tongue:

It is at the bottom of a very long list