SD Mass Storage problems

I’m having trouble using the example code for the mass storage feature. I’d like to be able to connect my device to a PC and have it mount as a drive so I can copy script files to it. I wired a small switch to the mode pads that allows me to toggle between USB and COM debug mode. Using the following example, I have my device in USB mode. I run it in VS to deploy it and it throws an exception that I see in the debugger (since it is in USB mode). I then flick the switch to COM mode and reset the Domino. I’d then expect if everything worked for Windows to recognize the device and ask for drivers but nothing happens. VS doesn’t see the Domino and begin debugging so the Mode switch seems to be working. I’m not sure where to go from here. Thanks,

Dean

Why not wire COM1 to your pc so you can step in code and see exactly what is happening?

Gus,

I can but have never done it before. Can I simply take a rs-232 serial cable and attach the tx,rx, and grd pins to the COM1 port, or is there something special that needs to be done (pull up/down resistors, level translation, etc.). Also is there anything that needs to be done in Visual Studio to make the debugger recognize the COM port instead of USB?

Thanks,

Dean

Plug this in http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/182 then a serial cable to your PC

Gus,

I’ll look into that. I have an LCD hooked up to my Domino now so I put in a try-catch to see if I could simply see the error message and get a feel for what is going on. What I’m seeing is the Domino isn’t executing my application when the MODE pins are shorted together. I deploy via USB and my application runs and prints out to the LCD. I can stop the debugger and reset the domino and the application runs again just fine. If I then flick my mode switch to COM debugging and reset the domino, nothing happens. My application doesn’t seem to start at all. At the very beginning before I start doing anything with the SD card or the mass storage I turn on the backlight and make the domino beep. I don’t see this happening. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dean