SD Cards

You mean this:

Exception System.IO.IOException - CLR_E_FILE_IO (9)

Microsoft.SPOT.IO.VolumeInfo::.ctor [IP: 0000]

Microsoft.SPOT.IO.RemovableMedia::MessageHandler [IP: 0022]

A first chance exception of type ‘System.IO.IOException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dll
?

No Mike, our exception is thrown in PersistentStorage ctor not VolumeInfo. See this topic:

[url]http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/18/1976/#/2/msg27434[/url]

Ok … now I officially understand nothing no more. I did my earlier tests with an xml file in the root dir of the SD card. Lets for fun call it “Settings.xml” and 137 bytes long - the behaviour was reproducible and exactly like I described before (and still is):

With only Settings.xml on the card and ejected from windows

The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    #### Exception System.Exception - 0xffffffff (1) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO.PersistentStorage::.ctor [IP: 0000] ####
    #### WiFlyTest.Program::Main [IP: 002f] ####
A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO.dll

With only Settings.xml on the card and pulled from the reader without ejecting

Working

Now here is the part that has me really puzzled … added a second file - plain text 2.588.584 bytes long … named it log.txt

With both files on the card, ejected in windows

The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    #### Exception System.Exception - 0xffffffff (1) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO.PersistentStorage::.ctor [IP: 0000] ####
    #### WiFlyTest.Program::Main [IP: 002f] ####
A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO.dll

With both files on the card and pulled from the reader without ejecting from windows (remember this was working with only the Settings.xml)

Same exception as before

… puzzled … very puzzled :o

I also have exactly the same card. Kingston 4Gb. The card does not work in the Domino no matter what I do to it on a Windows 7 box. I used 2 different USB readers on the PC with no change. I get the error Torben reported. The card does work on the Panda II. I also had a 2Gb SanDisk card that had worked on both boards. Somehow I fried it switching between the 2 boards and the PC because now it does not work on anything >:(

So the prevailing theory is the 4Gb Kingston card should work on the Domino, regardless of firmware version?