Save an Image on PC from FEZ Spider Camera

Hi,

I am working on a project using FEZ spider kit. I want to save captured image from camera module directly in my PC. (local directory like C:\)
I have searched a lot but failed to find any method for it. Kindly share the required method for this task.

Best Regards

welcome to the forum

The USB cameras can be directly connected to the PC, does that answer your question?

Not that I expect it to… You’ll need to elaborate much more on what you want to achieve. If you think you have the Spider with the camera attached, and it acts independently to capture images, then at some point it becomes tethered to the PC and “uploads” the files to the PC, then that’s a non-trivial problem to solve and has many options that you might consider. But lets make this simple to start with - there’ll need to be many parts to this problem, and we’d need to treat each of them separately, so if you can explain how you envisage the process to operate we can help tell you what components that you’ll need to look at

1 Like

@ Hack_Kcah - I did not try, but this could be a starting point
[url]https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/817[/url]

1 Like

@ Brett - Thanks for your reply.
I have a FEZ spider Kit and its camera module. Right now I have the code for capturing an image, like when the button is pressed the camera module will capture the image and it will be displayed on Display_T35. So far, so good. What I want to achieve is that as soon as the image is captured I want to save it directly on my PC. Because I want to do further processing on the image, so I need some way to save the captured image on PC.

Best Regards

You can store to SD card or USB flash disk and then transfer that to the PC of if you need a physical always connected connection to the PC do this over TCP/IP via Ethernet. Serial would be far too slow.

1 Like

As @ Dave said, there’s a few ways you can look to achieve this. Speed is the controlling factor - if you can wait a longer time, serial may actually be the simplest way to achieve that, or you might want to go to a network based transfer. Either way, there’s a good chance you’re going to want to have an app that runs on the PC that can control the transfer of the image data. Not sure if you can use the device “tethered” to the PC all the time, if you can then as a simple proof of concept you could use CDC and then use a serial transfer app to see how quick the data could be transferred, and see if it is possibly fast enough for your purpose

1 Like