Rtc

Hello,

I have made my own PCB with the ChipworkX module on it. I also added an battery for the RTC. I can set the time on my system, but everytime I reset the system I lose the RTC time. How can I solve this problem?

Kind Regards

Can you give us the initialization code that you have to check if the RTC is already set?

How did you set the time?

Like here? microframeworkprojects.com

Hi,

This is code I am using:

[quote]owKey.WriteByte(0x66);
buffer = new byte[5];
owKey.Read(buffer, 0, 5);
byte[] BufSeconds = new byte[4];
BufSeconds[0] = buffer[1];
BufSeconds[1] = buffer[2];
BufSeconds[2] = buffer[3];
BufSeconds[3] = buffer[4];

int buttonTimeInSeconds = BitConverter.ToInt32(BufSeconds, 0);
                            DateTime TimeOnButton = new DateTime(1970, 01, 01, 12, 0, 0);
                            TimeOnButton = TimeOnButton.AddSeconds(buttonTimeInSeconds);
                            RealTimeClock.SetTime(TimeOnButton);
                            Utility.SetLocalTime(RealTimeClock.GetTime());[/quote]

With the OneWire interface I read the time from a Clock iButton. I don’t see the problem.

Kind Regards.

Sorry, I do not understand! Have you looked at the page I linked you to? ChipworkX already has RTC built in so why are you using oneWire RTC?

Where do you check if the RTC is initialized and set the date/time if not?

Take a look at this project:

http://www.fezzer.com/project/260/rtc-initialization-and-uptime-monitor/

It may help you to use the RTC.

Hi,

It is an very easy system. I made 20 devices, all with an ChipworkX module. So at the first setup of one of the devices I need to set the time. So every time I put my Clock iButton on the OneWire I set the time to Now()!

But I have the following problem: If I reset the system the RTC goes to 1 January 2009. I don’t want to check the RTC if it’s initialized or set, I just want to set the RTC to my time. And don’t want to set every time I restart the system.

Some people had similar issues. Usually related to mechanical problem (bad or wrong connection). There is a couple of threads on the forum. Here is one of them:

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/10/1950/

Please go back and read the code I linked to in the very first reply. You are setting the system time not the RTC. The link explain it all.

Hi,

If I do the next:

I would set the RTC to the TimeOnButton and I would set the local time. This is the same as in the example. What am i doing wrong?

To isolate problems, can you try RTC by itself? Just a small program that sets the clock…