RLP in Panda

For all these nice words I really have to convince the guys to do it :slight_smile:

I was thinking that I already used a parallel write function in .NETMF.

Actually, I was using the IO40 driverā€™s WritePort. I canā€™t believe that there isnā€™t one in the normal implementation! Definitely a necessity.

i too would like a an 8/16 bit port dump (great for controlling lcdā€™s of any sort) and 8/16 bit port read (yes, i would use this!)

Perhaps parallelwrite could take a mask for which ports it would write to. So you say the starting pin (eg: Di0) then give it a mask incase you donā€™t want every pinā€¦ so 256 for all (0b11111111) or 240 for just the D4/5/6/7 (0b11110000) or 15 for the D0/1/2/3 (0b00001111). If you implemented this as 16 bit you could essentially create any pin dump combination.

This would make it more flexible than just dumping out 8 bits, because then you can use it for more than one device. For instance i want to use it to control some LED states on Di0/3/7 but i have other devices (possibly even input devices) on the other ports. So now i can just create a mask 0b10001001 and it would only set the ledā€™s. This is of course a very simple example, i might be using it to control mosfets that all need to go on/off at the same time (not 0-2ms apart)ā€¦ so many possibilities.