RLP.Enable() freezes execution

Hi,

I have a Panda II, the latest firmware (from 4.1 package), reloaded the latest firmware, but for some reason it now will not any more.
As soon as RLP.Enable() is executed, the system hangs.
The debugger will not step over it or give an exception.
Leaving it out will give me an exception when calling the Unlock.

I also have problems uploading to the Panda II.
A lot of the time, I will need to reinstall USB drivers, or even reboot the computer - VERY VERY VERY ANNOYING !!!

Has anyone experienced this before?

using the “E” command from bootloader mode
Is this to use the USBiziUpdater and using "Erase my application?

I have used the RLP.Enable() about 10 times, but that should not matter, right?
It will not reserve 10K after every call, right?

While USB specifications say ports should provide 500mA, we rarely see a port that can actually provide 500mA. We always recommend the use of powered hubs or a power pack instead of relying on the USB power. Use a powered hub from a known brand, not a cheap hub. If your device has the option of using a power pack (for example the USB Client D Module) then you can use a power pack instead. 9V 1A is typically recommended but check the bottom of the circuit board for printed voltage range. All power connectors on GHI products are 2.1mm with positive on the inside and negative on the outer ring.

Not using a powered hub or power pack can cause:
[ul]Unexplained behavior
Device does not function
Device functions intermittently
Device functions but network fails
Device functions but SD card fails
Device functions but firmware update fails[/ul]
(Generated by QuickReply)

Thanks for the “automated reply”, but that wasn’t it.
Still got the problem after trying power supply 6V 1A and new 9V battery.

Any more ideas?

I just recovered from the very same problem. I was using a long USB cable. I changed to a short one and everything was back to normal. Just a note a 6v supply is not enough, you need at least 7.2v, 9v is better. Depending on what you have connected a battery may not help.

According to the AMS1117 datasheet, the regulator operates down to a 1V dropout. That means that 6V “should” be enough (because datasheets never stretch the truth, right?), but I’d go 7V just to be on the safe side. I run my Panda II with a 7.5V supply, and have never had any problems.

Note that due to the linear regulators used, any voltage over the necessary minimum is simply wasted as heat (and lots of it), so I’d avoid 9V if 7V was sufficient.

A standard 9V battery (rectangle, as used in toy remotes) is usually a poor choice, because it can deliver very little current before the voltage sags down to insufficient levels. It also wouldn’t last long, even under ideal circumstances.