RLP access code

The page to get RLP access code is up on GHI main website. Please visit http://www.ghielectronics.com/account/ and click on “RLP Access Code”
You need to be logged in.

This will email you a line of code to add it at the beginning of your application.

Something like

main()
{
   RLP.Unlock(.......your own key.......);
}

Please keep this key private for your on use.

Thanks

Wow… that was easy. I was worried that you were going to make me find a fax machine somehwhere. :slight_smile:

Yep, ‘Freaking Easy’. Now is Visual Studio would just write the code for me ::slight_smile:

Thanks Gus… Now to download the c compiler.

I think you’re going to see some innovation and imagination now!!

Cheers Ian

Thanks,

[quote]I think you’re going to see some innovation and imagination now!!
[/quote]

Totally agreed! :wink:

Correct me if i’m wrong here please Gus.

Ian and Sam, sorry - but you’re just not going to see what you want. The non-disclosure agreement prohibits you from sharing anything related to RLP with anyone else. It prohibits you even saying you got it working, never mind saying what you’re doing with it.

If you cannot do it in managed, you are not allowed to do it in RLP. You cannot optimise something you cannot do.

You may not tell anybody what you are doing with RLP, how you are using it, how well it works. You most certainly can’t share your RLP work with others.

However, i doubt this NDA would stand up in court even slightly due to the fact that this is widely published on the TinyCLR site and GHI are even linking to people breaking the NDA (how to use it link to itcrowd.be). GHI Electronics allowing anybody to breach this agreement without prosecution or at least a cease and desist basically voids it for everyone as far as I am aware from dealing with issues like this in the past.

My accesskey has two arguments, a string and a byte array.
When compiling I get error: Argument 1: cannot convert from ‘string’ to 'uint’
What is wrong?

[quote]Correct me if i’m wrong here please Gus.

Ian and Sam, sorry - but you’re just not going to see what you want…[/quote]

Not true, the license doesn’t say you can’t make an ELF-RLP driver and post on fezzer. We actually want you to do that. You are over thinking the licence. It is only there to protect us from someone wanting to harm GHI and from piracy. I bet you many users now are already thinking of how great RLP is and how they can run it on their own non-GHI devices. It is fair for them to sit down and spend time to make something similar work on their devices but it is not fair to just spend short time reverse engineering what GHI did and stealing our work. We probably could actually patent what we did and keep everyone out. We do not want that. We welcome anyone trying to improve NETMF, but by doing the actual work not by piracy.

Simply put, ELF files are not property of GHI electronics and so you can make whatever code and generate whatever ELF files you like and use them anyway you like. Now RLP, which is a GHI invention, involves loading the ELF files and accessing the internal methods. You can use RLP anyway you like but what you are not allowed to do is to reverse engineer RLP or GHI’s firmware. If you are using RLP for good not evil, then you will not care to reverse engineer it anyway.

[quote]My accesskey has two arguments, a string and a byte array.
When compiling I get error: Argument 1: cannot convert from ‘string’ to 'uint’
What is wrong?
[/quote]

Do you have the latest beta SDK installed? You are using an old one.

Gus, if you want to be able to enforce the license if someone does try to pirate your firmware - you wont be able to because there are so many precedents of you letting people get away with violating the license.

Everything I explained is within the license terms. I am no lawyer but I will pass it on to the right person to double check.