Revisiting FEZ Ant

PTH on .1" centers… make the pads nice and beefy, so it’s easy to solder headers (male of female) or individual wires, as needed by any given application.

An alternate FEZ Ant version similar to this would be really handy too :slight_smile:

http://www.elektor.com/magazines/2010/december/networker.1602137.lynkx?tab=1

By the way, what about the number of I/Os ?

If we want to put the FEZ Ant as a production module onto final PCB, we need more I/Os than FEZ Mini.
Maybe not as much as Panda II but something in between …

Looking at your preview here http://tinyclr.com/forum/12/4153/#/1/msg39276
You are planning 2 x 24 pins which makes the module quite long.

What about 4 x 12…16 ? (48…64 pins)
Module would be more compact, not breadboard compliant but is that the need ?

or 3x16 ? (same number 48 pins as the preview but shorter module)

Any opinion ?

You are right. Stay tunes for the awesome product.

I have some leaks on one of the new FEZ boards. Here are some pic to prove it. It’s a cross design of FEZ Mini and FEZ Rhino with buit-in Wiznet chip. Enjoy :wink:

And the other side

lol yeah sure :o

Of course you have to tell everyone this is a joke before this si all over the web for real :frowning: :wall:

LOL!

Didn’t mean to scare you Gus :wink: Of course this is not related GHI new product. It’s a custom board made for USBizi 100 with Ethernet, MicroSD, IR receiver and ports for pluging IR LEDs or whatever you like. It’s my second prototype to create a ethernet IR controller. I have mentioned it here: http://tinyclr.com/forum/20/4324.

All kidding aside, what are your reflections about this board? It works even though it’s 100% made by hand (from PCB to soldering).

@ Gralin
That looks awesome. I have made schematics for a board combining the wiznet part of the FEZ Connect and Panda II, pretty much like you did except for the IR parts. However last night when I started routing the board I tried to make it like an Arduino and auto-route it…well that didn’t work out /facepalm :wall: :wall:
I gotta retry routing it with a bit more of love now.

Do you plan on releasing your design files?

@ Gus
I really really really hope GHI comes up with something awesome combining Panda+Wiznet ! ;D

@ Gralin - The board looks great. I assume it’s designed for a specific purpose though since it has so few I/O pins. Only thing I would change would be to bring out all of the Panda-II pins. :slight_smile:

@ ggg The board will be a commercial product but aimed at a very narrow industrial market so i don’t think my company will object if someone of the community would like to take a look at the design files. The same goes for code snippets. Especially because without this community i don’t believe i would recommend trying out .NET MF in our company :slight_smile:

@ ianlee74 That’s correct, the board has special purpous. I found out it’s a big struggle when it comes to desing this kind of a board because:

1. you want to keep it low price, small format and make it look as a dedicated board
  2. you would like to be able to use it in some other project, thus you have to leave some extra ports for example