Releasing the FEZ Spider II

I am glad the GHI team could help make your summer better! ;D

Wait. It’s summer?

So now… Ummmm… Those old-and-never-released Spider II’s… Has now become a collectional rarity? 8)

pretend you never seen or heard of them :slight_smile:

That is indeed listed on the spec page. What’s the question?

damn, I have just received the spider :wall: oh well.

@ networkfusion - The original Spider is a great board. Think of it this way, now you have an excuse to get another board :slight_smile:

The Spider was like the Swiss Army knife of IoT, the Spider II is going to be like the Swiss Army Machete of IoT as there isn’t going to be much IoT you can’t hack through with a Spider II.

Looking forward to talking one for a spin soon.

Soon! Soon I will make another order.

Just let me know if there are any new tiny, more powerful, cerb40 II - type new products…

Like FEZ Cerb40 III or something…

Not “more powerful” but certainly a lot cheaper and plenty useful for most projects is the new G30HDR. My next order will include 5 or 10 for the toolbox. Now I no longer have an excuse to throw a cheap Arduino at the small projects :smiley:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/538

G30HDR is the Cerb40 we always wanted (minus the RTC crystal…). Maybe in a G30HDR II? :wink:

1 Like

Well I did look at the g30hdr.

But it is slower, with less ram/flash. I was looking for something faster with more ram/flash, but still small enough to fit in a rocket nosecone :smiley:

1 Like

@ mtylerjr - how is it slower? It is faster and with more memory and features, comparing the G30HDR with cerb40

@ Gus - Are you comparing Cerb40 II with G30HDR?

@ iamin - I must be losing my mind! I thought we are talking about the G80HDR! Time to go to sleep :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well… the G30HDR does work below freezing temps, which would be handy these days here in NZ.

It’s been down to -5 several mornings, and -8 once or twice. And August is supposedly the coldest month here.

Wait… Wait a sec…

G80HDR module?

Is GHI going to announce one soon? With the same tiny 40/42 pin format of the G30HDR module?

Did you just let the cat out of the bag?

1 Like

You guys need to start doing product videos. It’s too much to read and compare now. I have to build spreadsheets just to keep this stuff straight now.

@ Mr. John Smith - it may look random but we have a plan we are completing. We will share the table and all will be clear.

Our you can start building it now and guess what to come :wink:

Patience it is then.