Reconnect debuger after hibernate

Is possible to reconnect debug interface after wake up from hibernation ?

Try to hit pause then run on VS2010. If it didn’t work then there is no way.

You can use Debug->Attach to process…there are a few things you have to set the first time you go through it (don’t remember exactly as I was just fumbling my way through it) but it works great.

Hi Jeff, “Tools -> Attach to process” is not available in Visual Studio Express.

@ All,
I’have swapped to Visual Studio Ultimate in a test run.
Opening the in Visual Studio Express 2010 created project gives me this error:
“One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctley.
Please see the output window for details.”

The output window mentions the following error
"The project type is not supported by this installation."

What is going wrong??
Cu Wim.

@ WinC: you need to reinstall both MS and GHI SDKs

@ davixx: I could find no way to reattach using VS2010 express when you are disconnected.
However, it is easy to reconnect using MFDEPLOY (“Connect”).

Be carefull, if you run your program in debug in VS2010 and you either stop debugging,leave VS2010 or get into standby, if your board produces any exceptions, it will crash !

If you need long time debugging, with ability to leave VS2010, don’t run your program in the VS2010. Deploy it with VS2010, reset the board, and observe debugging information with MFDEPLOY (not VS2010).

Last thing : when you watch debugging with MFDEPLOY (“connect”), you won’t be able to deploy anymore from VS2010 : you need to “disconnect first” from MFDEPLOY.

Good luck :smiley:

Hi Nicolas, I did reinstall the whole bunch.

What you describe in your answer to davixxx is that what I realy wanted.
Just reconnect to a running application and have debug info.
This debug info is send to the MFdeploy message screen as well.

Thanks, for the info.
@ Gus, I think Nicolas deserves some extra points. 8)

Cu, Wim.

[quote]
If you need long time debugging, with ability to leave VS2010, don’t run your program in the VS2010. Deploy it with VS2010, reset the board, and observe debugging information with MFDEPLOY (not VS2010).[/quote]

Be carefull with this. Using MFDeploy for long time debugging is very memory hungry. (depends a bit on the amount and frequency of your debug.print statements). It’s not the first time I have to reboot my pc because it hung after debugging with MFDeploy for a couple days.