Read FEZ Lynx Module data with FTD2XX_NET in C#

I am a devices programming newbie. I am coming from a .Net / managed code world. Obviously I should have started with a NETMF kit but this Lynx board seemed to intrigue me for now.

I ordered, and received the FEZ Lynx Green Kit within a timely fashion.
I found many nice examples demonstrating how to detect and connect to the board from Windows using C# and the FTD2XX_NET dll. Which is great.

Where I hit a brick wall is with no documentation or samples demonstrating how to read the data from the connected Modules. I have a feeling, because of my lack of NETMF knowledge, I am missing a whole paradigm of some kind.

For example.
A temperature sensor connected to the Lynx board. What would the (c#/ FTD2XX_NET) technique be to read this sensors data. (Assume the device is successfully connected and sockets are able to be enumerated and identified).

I feel that I just need a few lines of code demonstrating this or at least some documentation explaining why I shouldnt know how to do this.

Thanks in advance for any advices.
Sincerely
Dan

Jeff is working hard to provide us with that. Hang on a few days… I hope. :whistle:

That’s Great. Thank you for the quick reply.

Just to be clear: I’m hard at work for using C/C++ examples and docs first. It’s where we’ve developed our access framework. As an explanation to the latter:
[ul]we wanted to preserve a good debugging environment (Visual Studio, Etc.)
for the Lynx and Medusa platforms, we wanted an almost identical portability of code (only diff is because of #include processing, search path related things, and hardware constraints)
The idea is extremely rapid prototyping and/or functionality on all common hardware devices: PC/Windows, Anything/Linux, Macintosh, all the way down to tiny work-horses like Arduino. How cool is that !!
If you isolate your calls to the framework and concentrate them in just a few locations (a portability API/Library), then moving from C++ to C# is work, but at least the design architecture is the same, and the module interface code is as close to NETMF Gadgeteering as we can make it[/ul]

So, C/C+ first, then we tackle other languages as the community wants !!

Luckily the C#/Gadgeteer community is so strong (and great!) that members are already ahead of us; posting examples for C#. And, with the Forum, we rapidly support technical questions.

Not to be pushy, but do you have an eta?