Questions concerning elements

Hi all

I am inerested in making a totaly DIY quadricopter.

I would appreciate your answers to these questions:

1. Can I use a cellphone battery (or any other battery, like this one, for example this) and attach it to the USB module as power? Should I connect it to the round power jack?

2. Is it possible to set an ad-hock WiFi network with the appropriate elements?

3. Is the RAM and ROM enough to place an elaborate program, controlling the flight?

4. Is there a way to extend the sockets? I mean, add more points of connection?

5. Are the elements provided by the different makers interchangesable?

Thanks!

Welcome to the community! Be sure and check out our other quadcopter threads in progress.

Sure, if it’s between 7V and 30V.

I suppose if you’re determined enough :wink:

Absolutely.

DaisyLink? You may need to specify a little more detail on exactly what you need…

As long as your mainboard has the correct sockets then you shouldn’t have any problems.

Thanks!

concerning the fourth question, I want to connect many more elements, and have too few sockets. Morover, I miss specific connection types (a camera on the Hydra, for example).

Again, it’s going to depend on exactly what you need… There currently isn’t a way to add additional sockets. However, there are ways to run multiple sockets off one socket (using DaisyLink) or sometimes it’s not that difficult to just do the electronics yourself using an Extender module, for example if you need 64 LEDs… Don’t be discouraged by having so few sockets. You’ll find there’s plenty you can accomplish. However, you do need to pay close attention to the socket types that are available when you select your mainboard to be sure that the modules you do want to use are supported if you don’t want to have to go beyond plug&play modules.