Questions about the ChipworkX Development System

Sorry if this information is available in the documentation somewhere, but I looked hard and couldn’t find it.

1. Physical dimensions of the ChipworkX evaluation (development) board?
  2. Power consumption:
    a. Normal
    b. Idle
    c. Sleep/Hibernate
  3. Recommended supply voltage?

Thanks very much.

1. Physical dimensions of the ChipworkX evaluation (development) board?
    This is made for evaluation so size not usually requested. If you want call me at GHI and I will measure it fro you.

2. Power consumption:
    a. Normal
    b. Idle
    c. Sleep/Hibernate
    ChipworkX is not made for low power and GHI never implemented sleep/hibernate on it. This is made for devices who need horsepower but do not care for power consumption usually. In normal operation I think it is about 350ma IIRC.

3. Recommended supply voltage?
    It has a very fancy power supply like on FEZ Spider. It is good 7V to 30V!

Hi Gus,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I’m designing a home automation / security / music server system, and I was going to use a Cobra for the central controller, but now I realize that I need the power of ChipworkX, such as SqlLite, a large amount of RAM, faster CPU, etc.

I want to mount the controller in an nice enclosure on the wall, so I need to get an idea of how large the ChipworkX board is.

It will need to run off of backup batteries if the power goes down, but only needs to last a few hours until the power comes back on again. As long as I can dim the LCD backlight during idle times, I think I will be okay. I will probably use a 12V UPS designed for an alarm system, which sounds like it will work.

Hi Gus,
I tried to found on your web page information’s about timing’s for ChipworkX Development System.
I am referring to the maximum bit rates (max. frequency of SPI, I2C, USB clock) for:

• SPI
  • I2C
  • USB
    The pin capture, which is the minimum time (pulse width) in order to capture the transition (rising or falling)
    Delay function: which is the minimum delay (for e.g. between set / reset of IO pin) I found under documentation a function “delay in millisecond”, but I would like to have also delay in micro seconds and also delay in nano second, are already available?

I found that there is no sound library, no concrete example (e.g to play music from SD card, or from internet).
Can you provide a documentation with above capabilities / limitations, especially for timing’s.

and the last:
ChipworkX Development System came also with ChipworkX MINI9261I Module ?? this was not clear for me.

Thank you very much,
Nick.

The ChipworkX module is meant to used on custom PCBs.

In order to begin development, while your custom board is being developed, you can buy the ChipWorkX development system. It includes a connector into which a ChipworkX module can be inserted. You can then begin to program the module.