Pyxis 2

Pyxis now has its own forum here: [url]http://www.skewworks.com/forum/[/url]

Cool, and maybe in future we can also add something here if it make sense

Pyxis is now on CodePlex

[url]http://pyxis2.codeplex.com/[/url]

Skewworks has had a face-lift. Enjoy the new Pyxis 2 homepage: [url]http://www.skewworks.com/products/Pyxis%202[/url]

After just completing Open/Save File Dialogs I’m wondering how often you guys want updates. Should I post new code to CodePlex for every change or wait until I have a set available; this would apply to SystemUpdates as well.

Right now I’m thinking about doing the next code push after I’ve updated CWX’s SD mounting and added a Settings Window (so you can finally change your wallpaper again)

As a general rule, all changes should be pushed to codeplex, that’s how it’s designed to work. The latest stable one is defined as stable.

I should have mentioned, Chris doesn’t count. You want updates the second they are written if not before!

Frequent updates confuse users.

That’s kinda what I was thinking. Especially now that it supports IFUs, I’d hate to have people getting prompted to download every other day.

I think what I’ll do for now is stick to the plan of rolling out an update after the CWX SD stuff & Settings Window are complete and then probably not again until the final release…because we’re really down to like 6 items before I call it a production release. ;D

Beta 2.2 is now available

Release Notes
[ol]An issue stopping the Checkbox from working properly has been resolved (gradient background has also been added)
A TabDialog control has been added
NumericUpDown control added
A driver for the VS1053 has been added (not yet in use)
PyxisAPI.OpenFile now works with all its features
PyxisAPI.SaveFile now works with all features
Settings window is now available from the Pyxis menu
You can now connect using Static IP or DHCP
You can now set your system time from the Settings window
Fixed control rendering glitch on .enable & .visible
System time has now been made available to Cobra users who have added a battery backup for their RTC
ChipworkX users can now mount/unmount their SD card from the Pyxis menu → Mount SD option
Additional folders have been created inside the project to help organize code [/ol]

[url]http://pyxis2.codeplex.com/[/url]

CodePlex allows you to both keep an up-to-date copy of the code (i.e. it is the code sharing database) and release updates at any given point. There is no reason you can’t do both. Use CodePlex as the database, this would allow other users to contribute as well then when you think it is at a point that warrants an update then issue a release. Use the built in tools to your advantage.

@ Jeff maybe I missed something but I [italic]do[/italic] have both a zipped release and current code in svn on CodePlex you should see 3 revisions there. I’d update it more regulalry but right now there are no other contributors so not really a huge need.

The production release is nearly here! If you’d like to see the new installer utility & app store check out the latest from the blog:

[url]http://www.skewworks.com/blog/Road%20to%20Release%20(Pt%202)[/url]

I need testers!

The [italic]production[/italic] release is just about to go out the door and I’d really like to make sure it’s as bug free as possible. Testing is open to all TinyCLR memember, just email me if you would like to help. Thom @ [my username] .com. I’ll be sending out the code next weekend.

What’s New?

1. There’s an app now to create a single file installer for your application, you can even add folders/files and associations.

2. There’s an AppStore now! Download & install apps from the web.

3. Alpha-blended icons are making a comeback; application controlled so they don’t take up too many ticks to render. And the same app that converts to alpha can remove alpha in case you testers decide it takes too long.

4. Contexts menus!

5. A good number of bug fixes.

6. Parameters can now be passed to apps on startup.

7. A whole bunch more.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I had time to play with it.

You know where to find me…

@ Chris the gmail account I have for you came back to me w/ a permanent error…

Not sure if anyone is interested in me putting this on Fezzer but I cooked up few changes to the emulator so it works a bit more like the ChipworkX. (See screenshot)

Also gives you a sneak peak at some of the production release Pyxis stuff.

How far did you go in changing the emulator? Can you make a FEZ Panda emulator with few virtual buttons and LEDs?

BTW, who made the logo for pyxis?

The emulator sets the screen to ChipworkX 480x272 & maps the buttons to the proper pins inside the emulator. That’s all I really needed, I could put in more if you want.

I’ve got no problem working up one for the Panda too. Virtual buttons are easy; I’d have to look a little deeper for the LEDs but I don’t imagine it would be that difficult.

The Skewworks & Pyxis logos are my work, I do a bit graphic design.