Pushing reset button on Cerberus or CerbuinoBee causes hard-reboot

Anyone know why pushing the reset button on a Cerberus or CerbuinoBee sometimes causes a hard-reboot? I have had it happen with both of my Cerberus boards and all 4 of my CerbuinoBee boards. I’ve also had it happen on 2 different computers. Thankfully Studio does the save every time you build, so I haven’t lost code at least.

This should help GHI Electronics – Where Hardware Meets Software

Thanks, but where do I get GHI_NETMF_WinUsb? That last directory doesn’t exist on my computer. I’ve done a search for it and I only find the page you listed and not any download for it.

Hi PintSize

I have the same issue with my Cerberus. However, I’ve been able to figure out that it only happens, when a connection to the cerberus is open. By making sure to stop debugging or canceling deployment BEFORE unplugging or resetting cerberus I’m able to completely avoid reboots.

But I think I will give WinUSB a try, too.

@ andre - I have installed the 4.2 SDK and 2 other folders exist, but not GHI_NETMF_WinUsb.

C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\USB Drivers\GHI_Bootloader_Interface
C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\USB Drivers\GHI_NETMF_Interface

@ Markus - the last time I got the error was after a deployment error, so it wasn’t running. I occasionally get “A Hardware Error Has Occurred” when I try to deploy, resetting the Cerb fixes it, though occasionally causes the reboot. I never see a BSOD, it just goes straight to black.

In latest SDK you should have C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\USB Drivers\GHI_NETMF_WinUsb

I just downloaded the 4.2 QFE2 from August 14th (pretty sure that is what I already had), removed what I had and then installed it again and still do not have that folder. Is there a different SDK I need to download? I’m not on VS 2012 so I can’t do 4.3.

@ PintSize.Me - November 29th is the latest. Where did you download your SDK?

I figured it out a few minutes ago , it is the “GHI Software Package” that is needed, not the SDK.