Project Migration - Fez Cerbuino Bee to Fez Cerbuino Net

Hello Everyone.
I have a project, that was using the Fez Cerbuino Bee board, with ethernet module ENC 28.
In this project, i´ve used the mIP TCP stack, and the project was running correctly.
So, i´ve bought some Cerbuino Net Boards, and the project stop work.

I am recieving some TX and RX errors on mIP classes, and the memory has droped a lot too (i think thats because of the built in stack, ritght?)

I´ve see that the Cerbuino Net can be configured with the FEZ Config software.
So i can´t use the same code of cerbuino bee with the cerbuino Net??
Which tcp stack should i use?
Is there any samples to use this?

Thanks a lot!!

Jaime

If you are using multiple ENC28 modules at the same time on your network you might want to give each ENC28 its own MAC address using FezConfig. Since i don’t have Cerbuino i am not sure if this is your issue.

Thanks Rob,

But the question is, in the Cerbuino Bee model, i need to use the MIP ethernet stack…
But with the Cerbuino Net, looks like i don´t have to use that library.
And i need to consume a WebService, that was made in Cerbuino Bee using the methods of the MIP Stack.
But in Cerbuino Net, which classes should i use to consume my web methods?
The HttpWebRequest and HttpWebRespose classes from System.Net namespace give me errors when call the web service URL.

I was trying to use the code:

request = (HttpWebRequest)HttpWebRequest.Create(URL);
                response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();

And if i change some parameters, the GetResponse method made my debug exit.

request = (HttpWebRequest)HttpWebRequest.Create(URL);
                request.ContentType = "text/plain";
                request.Method = "POST";
                response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();

Why do you say you had to use mIP in Cerbuino Bee scenario? You could load the Ethernet firmware and use Socket 1 for the ENC28 module. https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/45/fez-cerbuino-bee-developer

There is also no reason I can see that you can’t use the non-Ethernet firmware on your Cerbuino Net and the same project…

1 Like

Looks like the Cerbuino Net Schematic uses the same pins of a Cerbuino Bee with the Enc 28 Module Connected on socket 1.

Can i remove the Ethernet configuration from Cerbuino Net Firmware and continue to use the mIP stack just like in my Cerbuino Bee board? (That was the original Ideia when i bought the boards)

Thank you.

Thanks Brett,

I did not know that the Cerbuino Bee could load the built in ethernet stack using another firmware (that´s it?)
So, i´ve made the whole project using the mip stack, and i´m having problems trying to comsume the webmethods with the httpwebrequest and httpwebresponse of System.net namespace.

So, the better option is tho maintain the firmware with the TCP stack, and solve the problem of webmethod?

Thank you.

apply the non-Ethernet firmware, as you did on your Cerbuino Bee. That should be equivalent.

1 Like

Thank you again Brett.

Sorry about the newbie question, but.
Is there a repository of firmwares? or should i get in contact with GHI to get especific version without the Ethernet stack?

It is part of the installed SDK. You have it on your hard drive.

C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI OSHW NETMF v4.2 SDK\FEZ Cerb Family\Firmware\Non Ethernet

1 Like

Of course!!
Using the Fez Config!!
Thank you again guys!
I wanna be like you when i grow !!
\o/

lol. you know the old saying, be careful what you wish for :slight_smile:

2 Likes