Project - Gadgeteer Performance Test - Calculating Digits of PI

Since I started playing with my Raptor, I remembered this codeshare and thought I would share the results for the Raptor.

Raptor - 200 Digits of PI
Debug Build : 2:00.4458125 (2 minutes)
Release Build : 1:36.6070313 (1 minute 37 seconds)

To be fair, we should probably rerun the tests for the other boards with the latest firmware.

@ taylorza - Should the debug number read 2 minutes only? I see 2:00.445 while you have 1:36.607 and listed 1 minute 37 seconds.

@ Aron - Thanks, you are correct… Too much New Year wine :slight_smile:
Will fix.

@ taylorza - Yep. :smiley: been there, did that. A small glass of Caramel Kissed Vodka and three quarters of a bottle of champagne and you have a major headache the next day. :slight_smile:

I think the Raptor has become my new favorite board as the power is refreshing. I’ve got a little presentation to make so I built a weather station with a remote module (outside conditions reporting back via RF Pipe (which is sweet as well)), built in web server, email, uploading data to ThingSpeak, Touch Screen, WiFi, time lapse photo collection, time server, and some other stuff and its just eating it up. The power can be addictive and the fact that it has a pile of sockets just makes it that much nicer, nice job GHI.

1 Like