Project - G400 HDR - Gadgeteer Mainboard

The new G400HDR Gadgeteer Mainboard driver is now available. It supports SDK version 4.2.11.0 with Gadgeteer Core 2.43.800.0.

The installation project has also been updated to support WiX version 3.7

I have updated the G400D Mainboard driver to support the latest GHI Firmware (NETMF and Gadgeteer Package 2013 R3)

Find it on codeshare:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/739

1 Like

Has anyone played around with this using the RGB sockets for GPIO?

I had an incident with my Cerberus yesterday, may he rest in peace. So I swapped out the Cerb for the G400, being that theyā€™re such similar devices, and that Iā€™ve hardly ever used my G400. In my code I allocate a socket for my own IO use, I have 3 buttons and a relay that I trigger from it.

MultiIO = GT.Socket.GetSocket(1, true, null, "Multi");
            btn1_Engage_Rly = new InputPort(MultiIO.ReservePin(Gadgeteer.Socket.Pin.Three, null), true, Port.ResistorMode.PullUp);

All works as expected on compilation. On deployment however, none of my button presses were working !

So I play around a littleā€¦ by moving my breakout connector I can see that what is physically marked ā€œSocket 3ā€ reacts when I use the above code for Socket 1 and vice-versa.

I canā€™t remember seeing anything that talked about the silkscreen being wrong, but this did come from the beta pool of devices, so I assume that Iā€™ve just missed something.

Thanks again to Taylorza as this made swapping in the device a breeze into my Gadgeteer project.

@ Brett - I have confirmed the issue and reviewed the pin mappings. It seems that the socket 1 and 3 are mapped in reverse. I will fix it now and test it, but I need to test both with and without a display. I will post here as soon as the fix is up, hopefully the next 15-20 min.

The strange thing is that I tested those sockets with a display originally, and would have expected the colors to be incorrect if they where mapped incorrectly. I must have missed somethingā€¦

@ Brett - I have uploaded a new version of the mainboard driver with the correction for socket 1 and 3. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

1 Like

Mate, love your work. This now works as youā€™d expect, socket 1 is socket 1.

@ Brett - Thank you for the complement and thanks for reporting the issue so that I had the opportunity to take a look and improve the mainboard driver.