Project - Cerberus Azure Network Test

I just posted Cerberus Azure Network Test on Codeshare. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

5 Likes

@ Duke Nukem Great project. Thank you. With the explanations of your video I got it working with no problems.

Azure makes it really easy and so Azure and Gadgeteer/.NetMF are a natural for IoT just got a little hump to get over and then its gravy time.

Very nice.

@ Duke Nukem - Iā€™m getting ā€œSocketExceptionā€ on SPOT.Net.dllā€¦ when writebody ā€˜socket.Send(buffer, offset, count, SocketFlags.None)ā€™.

Any idea?
Thks.

@ PepLluis - Which mainboard and .NetMF version are you using?

I had this happen once before to me and while I didnā€™t find a definitive answer it might be a version mix thing.

@ Duke Nukem - Thanks Duke. Iā€™m using Cerberus VS12 SDK 4.3 QEF1 and September GHI SDK.

May I try with a clean Project from scratch and also with others main boards.

Unfortunately the last two days Iā€™m are testing with several hardware (G120/Cerbuino/Cerbeus) and cannot get stable results while are using EthernetENC28J60 and socketsā€¦ I tryed differents versions of webserver and always hangs when some clients are doing simultaneous request .

I remember some time ago good experiences with a little webserver and netduino across simple sockets. The only way to keep working well a Cerbuino/G120 from concurrent clients was do it using a driver class like shared by Valkyrie in codeplex.

For this reason when Roschmi says " I got it working with no problems" my expectation was see how long keep working with no problems with EthernetENC28J60 lib.

Regards,

@ Duke Nukem - Thanks Duke. As with most of your contibutionsā€¦ very usefull and to the point. I have just one questionā€¦ At the start of your video one can see a nice graph on a web page. Is that also part of the Azure service? Can one make it a public URL that anyone can see?

@ KiwiSaner - You mean this graph, if so I donā€™t think you can make it public as its the dashboard for your Mobile Service administration.

Time to get ones feet wet on xaml etc. and make a little universal apps to display these metrics on Windows phone or bigger ā€¦

Of course with some fancy consolidation per device sprocs and use the same approach but then read stuff. Donā€™t know how to call sprocs maybe we need to use the Italian connection ā€¦

1 Like