Project - Arduino based DaisyLink module

I just posted Arduino based DaisyLink module on Codeshare. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

7 Likes

Awesome, i’ll play with it and report back next week… :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing…

You are welcome.

One of my favorites

@ Architect - Looks very interesting. I have not looked at it in details but have a few questions that I will ask anyway as it may benefit others as well:

1. Is the purpose of this project basically to load custom program binaries into the Dasylink module or is is more intended to actually use the Daisylink module as a Daislink module but just use it from Arduino instead of NetMF?

2. Can one use the Medusa mini for the same purpose?

It is a functional DaisyLink Module. A DaisyLink module needs an MCU to implement the DL protocol on top of I2C. I chose ATMEGA for its simplicity and Arduino IDE.

You can load your sketch on that module as on any other Arduino, But if your sketch will follow the example and use DaisyLink library then the module will work with Gadgeteer.

I hope this answers your questions.

Ah… now I get it! And then you can control the Piezo and RGB LED from Gadgeteer though the Daisylink inteface. Thanks for the explanation.

Yes, you right. I forgot that I have LED DL module there as well.
I have used it to implement and debug the arduino DL library.

Hi Architect,
I hope this is not too much to ask, but it would really be great if you can update the Blog entry with a little more explanation of the project, how to wire an Arduino Uno board to say an Extender for example, a walk-through the arduino code you know things like that…

Thanks.
Jay.

So When are we going to get that micro Arduino Daisylink board ? :whistle:

@ Jay Jay - I’ll do my best, as soon as I find more time for it. :frowning:

I’ve been trying to figure out how to wire the Arduino Uno to the extender but I can’t seem to get it right… would you mind sharing the wiring details please…

thanks.

Hi Architect,
Do I need Pull up resistors on the SCL, SDA lines?

@ Jay Jay - No, I don’t think so.

@ Jay Jay - If you look at the schematics I actually have two switchable pull-ups by using two extra pins. It is one way of doing it. You can also save one pin and use two FETs to make pull-ups switchable as shown in the Module Builder’s guide.

grrrrr, I can’t get the Arduino Uno R3 working…

I would really appreciate if someone could share some wiring of the Arduino …

thanks guys.

Show what do you have so far.

It’s ugly …

After reading the gadgeteer module builder guide, downloading and installing eagle, reading your schematics, and reading the dl40 schematics, I finally got the upstream to work… yay gadgeteer can control arduino…

I did ran into some issues.

Once I’m finished I’ll share my findings…

Cheers,
Jay…