Problems upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2

Well, as promised, I redid everything from scratch:

• created a new Win 7 VM
  • installed Visual Studio 2010
  • installed Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1
  • installed MS NETMF 4.2 QFE2 SDK
  • installed GHI Software Package v4.2

Once everything was installed and ready, once again I created a simple MF console app. Sorry to say, but when I tried to deploy it to the device, the same “missing linked libraries” error popped up. Had to manually add the Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 assenbly reference to the project so to make it run on the device.

Well, considering that pbroman has also experienced the exact same thing, maybe we should start considering the possibility that this is a problem with the project’s template itself…

the simple answer here is that the new project template appears to now need some additional references for 4.2. I don’t know if the template comes with he GHI bits or Netmf QFE2, does anyone from GHI?

Working around that is relatively simple - add the references, you’re done.

I just created a 4.2 project and there were not any references to a security dll.

Is it possible someone recently tweaked the sdk files at GHI?

@ Gus – Any ideas why this is happening in some cases? I know that referencing the requested library solves this one problem. What I’m more worried with is the possibility of inding other “surprises” that were not supposed to happen when and if I tackle porting my 4.1 project over to 4.2.

I have no clue but I am curious to the point i want to share desktop to see what is going on. Interested? Skype?

Thanks, Gus… let’s try this tomorrow… I have to get some sleep now. Will get back to you later tomorrow. Once again. thanks!

Gus, would you be available to do a Teamviewer session on my VM in order to investigate this a bit further? Please let me know whenever is most convenient for you.

If I can put a finger on your description…I had also some problems with USB when using VIrutal Machines instead of physical ones…Did you try first with a physicial Win7 ? Maybe I did not read all the post correctly ?

Yep, I did all sorts of tests on a physical machine before doing this final test on a VM. Thanks for pointing that out, though.

I am having this issue too. Installed Visual C# 2010 Express, Installed NETMF 4.2 and latest GHI’s libraries, updated firmware on the FEZ Cobra to latest.
Upon running a new project on the hardware a reference to Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 is not found. Manually adding the reference solves the issue.
But, is this a normal behavior? Is this assembly actually needed for the project to run on the device?
Running the same project without adding the reference to the indicated assembly does run flawlessly.