Problem when using GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ;

I followed all the instruction to upgrading to 4.1, yet whenever I add a reference in VS 2010 to “FEZDomino_GHIElectronics_NETMF.FEZ” and run, I get the following error:

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.InvalidOperationException’ occurred in FEZDomino_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ.dll

Additional information: FEZ Domino not detected!

The Output window shows:

Exception System.InvalidOperationException - 0x00000000 (2)

#### Message: FEZ Domino not detected!
#### GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ._Checker::.cctor [IP: 000c] ####

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.InvalidOperationException’ occurred in FEZDomino_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ.dll

This happens when trying to debug using the emulator. In project properties, I have it set to use the Microsoft Emulator.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Its telling you that you have the fez included but it cant detect the product attached which is expected since you are using the emulator and not the real device.

That’s really interesting because, it is attached to it. In fact, using MFDeploy, it is able to ping it.

Also, I checked to see which file it is using and it is:

C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.1 SDK\Assemblies\GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware.dll

So it seems to be using the correction version (4.1)

This is because you are using the emulator and not Domino. You can ignore he exception and continue.

Thank you Supa. Just hit “Continue” and it worked like a charm.

Hmm in the future i should change my response to just hit continue your using the emulator.

Mike, is there a way that you could detect if it’s using the emulator or not so you dont throw this exception?

Should be possible

bstag

During the brief time I was forced to work tech support, my stock answer was “reboot and try again, then call back if it doesn’t work” knowing that the odds of getting the same caller were slim.

Worked great until everyone started doing it… :slight_smile:

I had the same problem, see http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/1/937/#/1/msg10420