Problem deploying after Update (c#)

Hello to all,

I’ve a strange problem.
I updated my FEZ Spider from 4.1 to 4.2, after updating C# won’t recognise the device any more.
If I open the device properties it show’s USB, Device .

The Device is connected, the drivers are up-to-date I reinstalled all, nothing helped,
I also tried an external power source, no success…

Yesterday evening I noticed, that with NET FM 4.2 I can start VB.NET Project’s too,
now the strange part comes up, VB.NET shows the device, and is able to deploy successfully!

Has anyone an idea how to solve the Issue, i won’t convert all projects to VB.NET :wink:

Thanks for any idea.

See bold note in SDK announcement on loading the USB drivers manually.

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply, are you talking about:

[quote]Also, with this release, we started using the new WinUSB drivers. No more BSoD Smiley One note on the drivers, if Windows did not detect the USB drivers automatically, just point it to C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\USB Drivers\GHI_NETMF_Interface
[/quote]
If I try to update the driver it says already up-to-date I also uninstalled the driver manually and reinstalled it, no change…

I played around about 6 hours yesterday, and can’t figure out where the problem is located…

While Updating the device (the first time) it stopped because of the missing driver.
I restartet the process and finished successfully…

I also tried it manual with the terminal soulution (Uploading firmware.hex through USB Port with terminal)
No change…

am I missing somthing important.
Can i check the version of TinyLoader, etc… may they be invalid?
Why VB.NET works and VC# not?

Thanks for any ideas

I thought the device does not show at all but obviously I misunderstood.

Lets back up a bit, so you have a device that shows on PC device manager, you can ping from MFDeploy and you see “TinyCLR” coming back? What do you see from “device capabilities” under MFDeploy?

The device comes up in the Device Manager,
the deploy process works with vb.net in the configuration it shows Transport USB Device =EMX_Gadgeteer

In VC# it shows Transport: USB Device none

Here the mfdeploy part:
Pinging… write 2
TinyCLR
HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.2.0.0
HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Microsoft Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rig
HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 255
HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 0
HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 65535
HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.2.0.0
ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Microsoft Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rig
ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.2.0.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.2.5.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Copyright (C) GHI Electronics, LLC
SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Oct 24 2012
SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 410462
FloatingPoint: True
SourceLevelDebugging: True
ThreadCreateEx: True
LCD.Width: 320
LCD.Height: 240
LCD.BitsPerPixel: 16
AppDomains: True
ExceptionFilters: True
IncrementalDeployment: True
SoftReboot: True
Profiling: False
ProfilingAllocations: False
ProfilingCalls: False
IsUnknown: False

Operating system/service pack, memory, USB2/USB3, Virtual machine?

It’s a Windows 7 32-Bit Machine, 3 GB RAM. Service Pack 1, Intel Core 2 Duo, Real Machine
Visual Studio 2010 Express