Pricey, but interesting

Wonder if it would work with Cerbuino Bee, as well as Arduino boards?

I use a Parallax Board Of Education shield on the Cerbuino which works pretty well with all the pins I have connected, even used the servo connectors with success, so I would imagine this shield would work.

http://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Parallax/35000/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsX5uKaQNUXiRRfqEb3Hpe7

Few LEDs, couple buttons, temp sensor, pot, piezo, for $60.

Seems… overpriced.

maybe not if you’re not solder wonder, a novice could benefit on this?

I think most beginners would be just as well served by a breadboard?

1 Like

Depends on their background. I started with a Domino and the JST shield. If I had to use a breadboard back then, there’s no way I would have tried it.

For $60 I could get a Cerberus kit and still be able to expand it further…

@ ianlee74 - As noted in the title, I absolutely agree that it’s overpriced, particularly since their version that comes with the ATMEGA mCu is only $5 more.

It just struck me that this addresses one of the main things I dislike about Arduino (and, for that matter, similar NETMF boards like Netduino and FEZ Panda/Domino), which is that unless you’re comfortable breadboarding or soldering, it’s tough to get past the first blinky LED experiment.

Obviously, lots of folks get over that hump, or Arduino wouldn’t be as popular as it is. But that particular learning curve kept me away from microelectronics until the release of Gadgeteer.

I think having a bunch of commonly-used components in a shield form factor is a great idea. But I’d have trouble paying $60 for it.

Yea, but as soon as you ran out of ideas to do with that small handful of components you would be right back where you started. If you weren’t inclined to dig into electronics before I don’t really see why this would change anything. Frankly, I think you’d be better off with a Snap Circuits kit.

I think anything that inspires people to tinker with electronics is great. I just don’t see this selling very well considering there are much better options for less.

Fair enough…and I’m a big fan of snap circuits (speaking of pricey), but they’re really a separate entity in my mind, since generally speaking there’s no programming going on, just creating static circuits.

I suggested Lego…