Planning to teach 5 session lecture/lab at work on Fez and .NetMF

Gus, i did not receive an email. I will send one to GHI and ask them to forward to you so that you can reach me. Bob

Guys, i am working on the class syllabus and course materials for this project and i thought i would put it up as a wiki page (or pages). Does that sound interesting? If so, would it make sense to make a new Wiki section for Educational Materials? Or something like that? i am not that familiar with wiki editing, but i am sure i will figure it out. Any hints before i start?

I would appreciate a wiki on your course as I’m doing something similar next year.
Here is a good start to wiki editing.
http://www.microframeworkprojects.com/index.php?title=Shortcut_to_Create_Wiki_NETMF_Project

Take a look at this page:

[url]microframeworkprojects.com

the template is also available! :wink:

Guys, sorry, I must have done something wrong. I put a preliminary page on the wiki and was starting to add content, but it has been deleted. I am sure there is a good reason for it. But because I could not find a note about why, i don’t know what I did that doesn’t fit or where I went wrong with my contribution. Gus, was it just not a good idea to put that material there? I am completely open to learning. Thanks for your help, Bob

I was happy to see it going on the wiki. There must have been an error. I did some cleaning up on the wiki and maybe deleted accidently?

If you know the link then I can try to restore it.

Gus, it used to be here:
[url]microframeworkprojects.com

It is back

Thanks Gus. I hope people find it useful when it is fill out more.

I think the idea of a FezCon and some more regional gatherings would be great.

Sure thing. Just wait, this community is not even a year old. Soon you will have many members everywhere

Thanks so much for sharing this Bob. We would like to teach a short course on FEZ/NETMF for our student design center this next semester and it would seem to benefit all to pool these ideas. I’m also hoping that the folks from Microsoft Academic Outreach will be involved.

How cool would it be to have a solar powered car driving across the country with a FEZ on board?

Update: I have 28 students signed up. I filled 2 complete classes of 15 students each. Each class meets 5 times. The first class starts next Tuesday, Dec 7. I am still working on the lecture and lab details. We have one cool lab working with a DC motor and encoder being driven to specific locations on the mechanism (we scrounged 15 assemblies from our recycle bins). I will post more of the class details on the WIKI when I have them done.

Will we get some pictures :slight_smile:

Maybe I am asking for too much but will be nice to see a “FEZ class”

Oh yeah, pictures will be great. I will be sure to have some taken and sent.

Or a video of the presentation? :wink:

I really don’t think there will be video. Because this is an in-house training, too much proprietary tech might be discussed. Maybe we can get some segments though for a few topics…

Ok, bad news about my class - some of the components were supposed to come from SeeedStudio. We ordered them a month ago and when they didn’t come, we wrote to find out why. Even though we had a confirmation email, the order never went through because their credit card processor could not handle an order that BIG. But they never notified us.

I will still start the class on time - those parts are not required for the first labs, but I do need them the next week.

So now I am trying to order from somewhere else in the USA and hoping things arrive next week. Unfortunately, GHI doesn’t stock exactly what I want or the choice would be a no-brainer.

Anybody have experience with RobotShop.Com in the USA?

I have used robotshop. The are slow to ship, and when you call on status they tell you it has shipped when it has not.

I would call them on the phone and tell them if they don’t ship right away they don’t get the order.

Thanks for the heads-up.

order from robot shop if you dont need it soon. if you dont care when you get you 2 day shipment then order way.