Plan to use SAM9G processor for ChipworkX

While surfing the web I wordered to find out that ChipworkX uses an ATMEL processor instead of NXP.
I further looked at the product page of the AT91SAM9261S and saw ATMEL is not recommending it for new designs, instead they recommend the use of the SAM9G.

SAM9G supports USB 2.0 at full speed, runs up to 400Mhz.

Any plans for a ChipworkX Rev 2?

Regards
Mark

And it it has analog inputs and PWM and DDR2…and for that matter why not use M10 as well :slight_smile:

…can’t say more but you get the idea.

I had the impression the SAM9G was pin compatible to the SAM9261S - I did not check tough.
The SAM9M10 certainly is not pin compatible - but I’m not saying I don’t like t :slight_smile:

taps foot waiting for M10

And don’t think I forgot about that 4:26 delivery time either! [url]http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/18/1680/#/1/msg17587[/url]

You should come to our office and see all the new toys we are working on. You are not too far :wink:

Do I smell an LPC1768? :o

I might actually have to do that one of these days. 8)

Since you mentioned the LPC1768, pardon the noob question, how does a Cortex M3 compare to an ARM9 performance wise?

I see the Cortex-M3 runs up to 120 Mhz, ARM 9 run at 400, some even higher?
The Cortex M3 does not seem to allow external memory :frowning:

I believe the ARM9 cores are either real-time oriented (Cortex Rx equivalent) or “application” (i.e. higher power, higher performance) oriented (Cortex Ax equivalent).

I mentioned the LPC17xx line (Cortex-M3) because NXP provides it as a drop-in replacement for the LPC23xx line that USBizi is currently built on.

ARM considers all the “ARMx” processors to be “legacy” or “classic” processors, and the “Cortex” line is the newer upgraded version.

This could all be wrong, I’m not an expert at all in processor architectures.

See the specs again:

LPC1778: ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller with 512KB flash, 96KB SRAM, 4KB EEPROM, external memory controller, 10/100 ethernet, USB 2.0 Host/Device/OTG, 2 CAN, 12-bit ADC, 10-bit DAC, SD/MMC, I2S