PersistentStorage sourcecode

Hello,

Is the source code for the “GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO.PersistentStorage” class available? I am looking at the SDCard module “Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.SDCard” and wanted to debug an SD problem.

Regards
Steven

Not available but you do not need to debug, we are here to do the work for you. Just tell us what is the problem.

Hello,

Pity as I guess my use is not standard.

I am attempting to use an EyeFi card (wireless SD), I wanted to hack it so that I can use the EyeFi to send data via WiFi. So it is a hack rather than a bug. Hence I was after the source.

Regards
Steven

Steven - great idea! I did not know such a thing existed until now. I’m amazed they can pack all the wireless hardware in a SD card form factor! Makes me wonder what kind of speed/range the thing has. I have GHI’s new WiFi module on order, so don’t really need to go the EyeFi route, but this thing is crying out to be hacked! Let us know if you make any progress.

We looked into it years ago…it is not possible :frowning:

Of course you can load your own RLP native code to control the SD anyway you like.

Hello,

Yes the EyeFi is a great creation (but will never replace the WiFi module) , I have the Connect x2 version which will upload direct to online services like Flicker. They are a closed source app on an open source OS, so it is hard to hack the EyeFi, but you can trick it into uploading data (RAW images) by ensuring correct filenames.
Data is sent in the clear, so you can have a few DNS redirects to your own service on a laptop (if you just want the data)

As I understand it the card should behave like any other SD, but i get the following trace (and am unable to debug any further)

Program Started
#### Exception System.Exception - 0xffffffff (1) ####
#### Message:
#### GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO.PersistentStorage::.ctor [IP: 0000] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.SDCard::MountSDCard [IP: 0012] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.SDCard::_sdCardDetect_Interrupt [IP: 0011] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Interfaces.InterruptInput::OnInterruptEvent [IP: 0055] ####
#### System.Reflection.MethodBase::Invoke [IP: 0000] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Program::DoOperation [IP: 001a] ####
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Dispatcher::PushFrameImpl [IP: 004a] ####
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Dispatcher::PushFrame [IP: 001d] ####
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Dispatcher::Run [IP: 0006] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Program::Run [IP: 001c] ####
#### GadgeteerSourceCode.Program::Main [IP: 001a] ####
A first chance exception of type ‘System.Exception’ occurred in GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO.dll

Regards
Steven

We looked into it years ago…it is not possible

Ah , pity,

Thanks for the reply Gus

Regards
Steven

The exception trace seems to indicate that Gadgeteer modules are being used. Why?

I continue to have this error with my FEZ spider SD Card module.