Peer Review Of PCB design

They look good. Hope it all works first time. Look forward to an update when you have then built.

Hereā€™s an album of some assembly photos:
[url]http://imgur.com/a/yqZ5D[/url]

Reflow oven worked very well, I misplaced one 0603 cap and had to fix it with an ironā€¦not too bad. The FFC for the LCD was soldered manually and a bit of a pain, but finally got it. I wonder if I could reflow the bottom parts after I reflow the top? I would think notā€¦

2 Likes

Lubbly Jubbly :slight_smile:

Nothing like the satisfaction of a build so well done :clap:

Yes you can reflow the second side - you will be amazed on how much stiction the parts have when when relowingā€¦but in future to make it easier try to keep the heavier parts all on the second side to cook - personally i have down lots of double sided boards and never used glue.

Nice work and it works too as I can see from the last image.

For the LCD connector I got myself tacky flux and use this to flood solder the pins. It works great every time with the 40 pin 0.5mm pitch connectors I use. I even use the same technique to the SODIMM sockets when I hand build the G400D based designs.

1 Like

I use the same trick as @ TheScottishDude - works a treat on 0.5mm pitch QFPā€™s as well.

1 Like

And on the G120 too. Same for the SIM5320 modules with the same castellated pins.

A squirt of flux cleaner and your board looks good. :slight_smile: