PANDA: MIDI, SHARP IR, and TOUCHPAD

I will check the touchpad link in a couple of hours.

Fezzer has some libraries and some of the displays has similar structure. Yours has read pin write pin and 8 data pins - this is perfect for new ParallelPort in beta SDK. I have a driver on Fezzer that uses 8 output ports for a similar (in interface) display. I will be updating that driver to use new ParallelPort soon.

To see available lcd driver go to Fezzer and click lcd tag:
http://www.fezzer.com/tags/#do=allTags&page=1

I’ve tried PS/2 keyboard with Panda yesterday. The CLOCK pin is pulled low 11 times on every key down and up which is good.

But when I try to read DATA pin in the CLOCK interrupt handler it is always stay high for some reason. I wonder if it is not fast enough or my wiring is wrong. Will check more tonight.

Have you used RLP for that? Have you use ps2dev library or that link you’ve provided?

I’ve just used 2 ports.

InterruptPort on CLOCK pin and
InputPort on DATA pin

I am thinking about trying RLP. Just reloaded beta on Panda. Will try tonight.

Dear Architect. I’ve just wanted to buy PANDA as I saw PANDA 2. +4$ in price but looks like we have here an SD shield for 19$ and more…

What is you suggestion? Is it better? I want it now ;D Should I go for it?)))

Panda II for sure. Just for the convenience of having micro SD on board alone. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I will order one today in Catalog and will wait till the 15th of March when they will be able to ship it :slight_smile:

FYI; March 15th is not an exact date, but that IS the date we are shooting for.

DeathBloom, I think the Panda (II) is a very good choice for your project.

The only thing I’m not sure is the MIDI. If it’s the hardware MIDI you are about to do, then there is no problem, look: [url]http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/1/2479/[/url]

Basically a MIDI port is just a serial port running at 31,250 baud.

But if you want to do MIDI over USB, that can be tricky. I’m sure it can be done, the question only is it may not be any [italic]freakin’ easy[/italic] to do. There seems not to be official support for it, not yet, anyway.

[quote]There seems not to be official support for it, not yet, anyway.
[/quote]

That’s right P_Code. Gus indicated that USB MIDI descriptors are “strange”. I have implemented USB MIDI on Microchip controllers in the past without too much difficulty. I will probably do the same for the EMX boards when (if) I get some spare time :frowning:

Regards,
Synapsys

@ Theresa

I really hope you will start shipping it on 15th! I wish you a good luck!!!
By the way are you familiar with GHI shipping? If I order Panda 2 and some sharp sensor(or some another thing that already in stock)s will they ship it to me on 15th together? I hope so… It wouldn’t be cool to get Sensor early and Panda later for double shipping price :frowning:

2P-Code

Yeah, I’d like hardware MIDI. Thanks for the link!

By the way is there any project which uses capacitive toucscreen? It would be cool to use some iPhone-type touchscreen instead touchpad. Unfortunately good known Nintedno DS touchscreen is not competent for my project as it is resistive and reacts bad on fingers.